Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 23 Jan 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Sky hdmi cable- specific type?

Our sky box is quite far from the tv. It’s been working find for years but went off before Xmas. I bought a new HDMI cable snd ever since we get random 1 second cut outs.

We’ve moved the skybox temporarily and set it up with a short hdmi cable we already had and no cutouts.

So I need to buy a new 10m cable. They range in price form £10 to £90. any idea what the difference is.

This is the one I bought which isn’t working.

Shuliancable Flat HDMI High Speed... amazon/dp/B074P3WL...p_mob_ap_share
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

That listing says everything except which hdmi version it is certified to, which suggests it isn't. Not that it means it shouldn't work.

Length is also an issue and 10m is long for an hdmi cable and could also be a route of the issue as it will make cheap cables even more of a hit or miss.

Reducing the length of cable will increase the chances or issue free use.

It is recommended to use hdmi 2.0a for 4k devices. These can be cheap or expensive and doesn't mean they will be better or worse.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe something like google/aclk?sa=L&ai=...BAgCEDs&adurl=
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We have exactly the same issue with ours. It drives me mad. Following with interest in case you find a solution
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I bought this one back in 2019 for the exact same reason. We wanted our tv in a different place and didn’t want the hassle of getting the Sky Q box moved. It works absolutely fine. No issues at all.

gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
If you look on the Sky Community webpage there's hundreds of people who get the 1-second cut-outs, and Sky can't fix it. I had it a while ago, but it went away, and recently we had the room decorated and had the TV put on the wall, obviously had to re-do all the wires, and it has come back.
Tried various leads and HDMI ports on the TV, seems to fix it temporarily, then it comes back
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We’ve currently got a setup with a shorter cable and it’s been fine for a few days. Only problem is we have the sky cable strung across the fireplace so it’s not a long term solution.

If it comes back I think we will ditch sky. It costs too much to put up with issues.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List