Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

What would be helpful here is some kind of method of airlines being able to verify a passenger's ESTA status 48-72 hours before travel and emailing them / texting them / calling them etc... if it looks like there could be a problem at check-in.
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
What would be helpful here is some kind of method of airlines being able to verify a passenger's ESTA status 48-72 hours before travel and emailing them / texting them / calling them etc... if it looks like there could be a problem at check-in.
That would be useful. I think the check in staff were surprised how long it took. They assured me it would be fine as we had so long until our flight left (not blaming them) and I think it just took longer today for everyone x
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Just read through. I think any one of us could have potentially done the same, you really need to concentrate and so easy to miss something. I hope you have a great holiday, and enjoy every minute. Having card stopped didnt help, i had this on holiday too, but had back up, so pleased that you are settled for now and wish you an uneventful day tommorrow. X
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Rachy and Carl, hope you have a safe trip tomorrow and an amazing holiday - you all deserve it after this hiccup!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Whilst it would be helpful, not sure why the airline needs to incur extra administration time and costs? Can you imagine how many passengers go through these airlines every year? thousands/ tens of thousands of emails/ texts or calls?

norwegian/uk/travel-...passport-visa/

The OP's airline clearly states that YOU should be possession on all relevant paperwork, there's even a specific section/ page link for ESTA requirements on the right hand side.

Just glad the OP has it sorted, and has a great holiday.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I've just read through from start to finish and I'm so sorry that this has happened, what an awful start to your holiday. What an amazing couple you both are and I hope you have the most amazing holiday ever.

Take care. xxx
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

What a terrible start to your holiday.
The Virgin check in girl at Manchester told me the other week that they have to reject at least at least one family per flight over issues with ESTAs.
I had a panic as we had renewed our son's passport since last used ESTA and she asked had we updated it as would require the new passport number. I had no idea if I had or not! Fortunately his old ESTA must have also expired so by chance I had.

LBV Resort and Spa- 2009
Emerald Island Villa -2013
OKW -2014 YC -2015
Tenerife and cruise in Med 2016
Easter 2017. BCV 7 nights, 6 nights GFV. 3 Portofino Bay
August 2017. YC 14 nights. 4 days Portofino Bay
August 18 -5 nights NY, 11 nights PORFQ
August 2019 10 nights AKL 6 nights Universal
AUG 2020 CSR 15 nights?
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow have been blissfully unaware of this not having been on all day. What a horrific day. I just want to wish you all a fantastic holiday
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
minniecassie
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

We will all have everything crossed for you all tomorrow, you will be fine. We have all learnt something today so thank you, maybe you have prevented someone doing something similar in the future. 🛫😀
minniecassie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Good luck for tomorrow. I hope you all have an amazing holiday xx
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List