Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Apr 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin Atlantic Reward Credit Card, shall I pay renewal fee?

My renewal fee of £160 is due in June on my Virgin Reward credit card

What happens if Virgin Atlantic go bust? No point paying £160 if you can’t earn flying miles anymore
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post

I would wait and see, a lot can happen between now and June.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
My renewal fee of £160 is due in June on my Virgin Reward credit card

What happens if Virgin Atlantic go bust? No point paying £160 if you can’t earn flying miles anymore
Hmmm you have a good and valid point, not one that had occurred to me but needs serious consideration in light of the current situation.
Thank you for raising the subject as I'm sure there are many of us who will need to make a decision.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Bit of a tangent here, but I’ve never had a CC with an annual fee, what benefits do you get that make it economical to pay the fee?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I think my renewal is June too. I’ll have to check as I’d also not thought of that. Thanks 😊

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Bit of a tangent here, but I’ve never had a CC with an annual fee, what benefits do you get that make it economical to pay the fee?
I have two AMEX cards that I pay fees on. One I am happy to pay because it provides very comprehensive travel insurance for me and DH.

The other is my BA Amex and the reason I chose the higher fee one is because it triggers companion vouchers more easily. Most years we get two trips in business or first class on points and with voucher, I assume Virgin is similar. So hugely beneficial.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I have been looking around for a new mastercard credit card instead of virgin, I like points cards and it seems Hilton and IHG have stopped new cards at the moment, probably due to new directives about repayment etc.

I have not succeeded in finding a card i want, nor have i succeeded in getting Virgin Flying Club to transfer my points to my Hilton card , of course i understand they have bigger fish to fry than my points!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I have been looking around for a new mastercard credit card instead of virgin, I like points cards and it seems Hilton and IHG have stopped new cards at the moment, probably due to new directives about repayment etc.

I have not succeeded in finding a card i want, nor have i succeeded in getting Virgin Flying Club to transfer my points to my Hilton card , of course i understand they have bigger fish to fry than my points!
Still not got my points moved either. Its now a once a day text message. They message me about 1 in the morning with a question. I reply next morning and then they respond again at 1am.

I have my Amex charge card which I pay £140 a year for. I keep it on as I make sure I use discounts they over which come to more than £140. I was collecting the points but used them all for Jimmy Buffet tickets in September which I now fear won't happen.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Get double air miles and companion reward ticket. Need to spend over £10000 ideally to make it worth while
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

This has got me thinking about our BA Amex cars. It’s up for renewal in about Sep and we have the black one so about £250? We have 3 2-4-1 vouchers stacked up (.they’d extended the life of two of them a year ago, then all of them extended again with COVID) so, if things remain largely unchanged, I’m not sure it will be worth spending the £250 on this occasion.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List