Old 12 May 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

To be honest I just want my refund from Orlando Attractions.
I don’t have the time that you seem to have to go through each and every post to see if they are related to the same company that I have issues with.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
To be honest I just want my refund from Orlando Attractions.
That's quite understandable. As MrsOrlando (who works for OrlandoAttractions) said, they have to get the money back from the parks before they can refund you. It's not like they have hold of your money - they immediately use your money to buy tickets from the parks and they need the parks to give them back that money so that they can give it to you. And, as you might guess, this process is slow going at the moment with the sheer volume of refunds that have been requested. So it will take awhile, I'm afraid.

I remember when Thomas Cook went bust and it took me almost 2 months to get my money back from my credit card company. And I'll probably have to go through a similar process as you if/when I sadly cancel my August holiday. So I understand your frustration.

I don’t have the time that you seem to have to go through each and every post to see if they are related to the same company that I have issues with.
I didn't go through each and every post. I clicked on the link you provided, scrolled down the first post to "Orlando Attractions", noticed that "Orlando Attraction Tickets" were not listed, clicked on about 4 of the links, noticed they talked about OAT (I didn't check the others), and then wrote my post. It took me all of 2 minutes.

I'm a bit pedantic. It's just the way I am. I prefer to spend a couple of minutes checking things before claiming stuff about lots of promises made to Dibbers, just in case I'm wrong.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
That's quite understandable. As MrsOrlando (who works for OrlandoAttractions) said, they have to get the money back from the parks before they can refund you. It's not like they have hold of your money - they immediately use your money to buy tickets from the parks and they need the parks to give them back that money so that they can give it to you. And, as you might guess, this process is slow going at the moment with the sheer volume of refunds that have been requested. So it will take awhile, I'm afraid.

I remember when Thomas Cook went bust and it took me almost 2 months to get my money back from my credit card company. And I'll probably have to go through a similar process as you if/when I sadly cancel my August holiday. So I understand your frustration.

I didn't go through each and every post. I clicked on the link you provided, scrolled down the first post to "Orlando Attractions", noticed that "Orlando Attraction Tickets" were not listed, clicked on about 4 of the links, noticed they talked about OAT (I didn't check the others), and then wrote my post. It took me all of 2 minutes.

I'm a bit pedantic. It's just the way I am. I prefer to spend a couple of minutes checking things before claiming stuff about lots of promises made to Dibbers, just in case I'm wrong.
Seriously will you just let this go. I’m presuming you don’t have an issue with getting a refund from Orlando Attractions. I do!
As I said I was responding to the OP, referencing other posts I took in good faith as other people having issues with them. Other ticket companies are issuing refunds and they don’t seem to be. I have a legitimate issue with them and all you are doing is making me even more annoyed about the situation.

And being a longtime member here I am well aware who the user Mrs Orlando is and I don’t need you to explain it to me like I’m an idiot.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Seriously will you just let this go. I’m presuming you don’t have an issue with getting a refund from Orlando Attractions. I do!
As I said I was responding to the OP, referencing other posts I took in good faith as other people having issues with them. Other ticket companies are issuing refunds and they don’t seem to be. I have a legitimate issue with them and all you are doing is making me even more annoyed about the situation.
I apologise. As I said before I understand your frustration.

Looking at the link you posted, it appears that OA and/or OAT are no better or worse than most of the other park ticket companies (Travel Republic look worse, for example). Still not good news though.

And being a longtime member here I am well aware who the user Mrs Orlando is and I don’t need you to explain it to me like I’m an idiot.
I apologise again. I didn't know whether you knew who she was so thought I would add a little note in brackets to clarify. I did not think you were an idiot and it was not meant to imply that.

I hope you get your money back. And I hope we all get to enjoy Orlando and the parks sometime in the future.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Has anyone had any luck with refunds from Undercover Tourist? I am having a nighmare with them.

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I apologise. As I said before I understand your frustration.

Looking at the link you posted, it appears that OA and/or OAT are no better or worse than most of the other park ticket companies (Travel Republic look worse, for example). Still not good news though.

I apologise again. I didn't know whether you knew who she was so thought I would add a little note in brackets to clarify. I did not think you were an idiot and it was not meant to imply that.

I hope you get your money back. And I hope we all get to enjoy Orlando and the parks sometime in the future.
Sorry didn’t mean to be so narky. Was having a bad day at work and took a quick break to catch up on the Dibb. I know your posting style and understand what you were trying to do but it was only adding to my bad day at the time.

And absolutely, here’s to some normal Florida Trip Planning posts in the not to distant future.
Old 12 May 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked universal tickets with Klook. Our tickets had a “start” date of 19th May.
As soon as universal extended the closure I got an email from Klook stating my tickets would valid for next year or I could have a refund.
This ticket was for my mum who I doubt will be able to come now even if we can go next year so I asked for a refund. Back on my credit card in three days.
Would have no hesitation in using again.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pepino
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Another disgruntled Attraction Tickets customer here. If the other ticket agents are getting refunds from Disney, Universal etc, and passing the funds back to customers (minus a reasonable admin fee, fair enough) why are AT claiming they're not able to do the same? They've said they're not able to get a refund from their providers 🤔
Pepino is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
raspberry
Gone all Goofy

Pepino, Florida Escapes are also claiming they can't get refunds, I have emailed universal asking for confirmation of their policy and will let you know if I hear back from them.

FYI, floridaescapes.co.uk are refusing to refund but also asked me to return my tickets to them because apparently they need to issue a "cancellation invoice" very dodgy practice as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck to all those waiting on refunds, the refund rules seem much less clear with things like this because the validity period of the tickets is generally a calendar year so harder to argue that they are not providing what we paid for.
raspberry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
Another disgruntled Attraction Tickets customer here. If the other ticket agents are getting refunds from Disney, Universal etc, and passing the funds back to customers (minus a reasonable admin fee, fair enough) why are AT claiming they're not able to do the same? They've said they're not able to get a refund from their providers 🤔
Same here. We only have 4 Seaword / Busch tickets and are set to loose over £85 to cancel them.

Does seem a bit of a rip off and will certainly make me think about the company when I next buy tickets.
Tiger431 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List