Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
Very mixed response.

The estate I am on is around 45years old. No stipulation about caravans. Lots of cul de sacs on the estate and many have a caravan although we are the first in our cul de sac.

our neighbours rule the street. Just know they will be talking about us to everyone. We are one of the only houses where people still go to work so we are the entertainment.
We have neighbours like yours, think they are th King and Queen of the street, if I was in your shoes next time they moaned to me about the caravan i'd tell them I was buying another to park on the drive.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh the benefits of living somewhere, that is always busy, where the neighbours barely engage with each other, so no one takes any notice about what others do with their properties. The only issue we have had is where my mum started her car, bunny hopped into the wall on our boundary and knocked half of it down, so we decided to pull the whole thing down and had booked a fencer to come and put a fence up to replace it. Next door decided to put their own fence up, on our boundary without mentioning it to us, but it was a genius idea because it saved us £300 haha.

Your land, your drive, I would tell them to do one, life is far to short to be worrying about who parks what where!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

We have a restrictive covenant not to have a caravan - but ours is so tiny ( little Freedom ) and tucked away in the corner of our drive behind next doors building line, Im hoping no one moans.

Old 17 Oct 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
We have a restrictive covenant not to have a caravan - but ours is so tiny ( little Freedom ) and tucked away in the corner of our drive behind next doors building line, Im hoping no one moans.

I don't see how anyone could complain about that. As you say it's tucked away and nobody is looking directly onto it.

Maybe it the thread starter posted a photo it would be easier to make a judgement on if it's reasonable or not.
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 02:40 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Off topic but I the colour of the BMW
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I think that the OP seems like a really decent and considerate person and that to me would be the difference between being annoyed and not. My parents had a caravan on their drive but the drive was surrounded by 10 foot laurels and no one could see it anyway. I would not like my neighbours to have a caravan on the drive if I could see it but we can’t see each other’s drives bit if they did and came across like the OP offering to put a hedge up etc it honestly would not annoy me in the slightest. If they suddenly rolled it up next to my birder I would not be happy.

I can’t believe the attitude though of many on here saying “it’s your property you can do what you want” this is the anttiude that leads to programs on channel 4 and court cases. If I have a music system that has just come off the waltzer at a fair and is capable of jumbo jet take off volumes if it’s in my living room can I play it as loud as I like ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I was thinking the same but nit a black Range Rover
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Ha ha - thankyou
Its a limited edition convertible. In 4 years Ive never seen another on the road. In fact by now Id be devastated if I did !
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Ha ha - thankyou
Its a limited edition convertible. In 4 years Ive never seen another on the road. In fact by now Id be devastated if I did !
I actually googled the colour and it did'nt even come up on google !
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I think that the OP seems like a really decent and considerate person and that to me would be the difference between being annoyed and not. My parents had a caravan on their drive but the drive was surrounded by 10 foot laurels and no one could see it anyway. I would not like my neighbours to have a caravan on the drive if I could see it but we can’t see each other’s drives bit if they did and came across like the OP offering to put a hedge up etc it honestly would not annoy me in the slightest. If they suddenly rolled it up next to my birder I would not be happy.

I can’t believe the attitude though of many on here saying “it’s your property you can do what you want” this is the anttiude that leads to programs on channel 4 and court cases. If I have a music system that has just come off the waltzer at a fair and is capable of jumbo jet take off volumes if it’s in my living room can I play it as loud as I like ?
That is hardly the same as having someone else dictate what plants you can grow in your own garden is it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List