Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Dec 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Our Dog and food (recommendations)

Our Myrtle is getting old sadly and her stomach seems more sensitive. Recently she has been sick quite a bit.

My friend whose dog recently died gave us some Hills Prescription wet food and she seems to be good on it and Chappie of course.

I am now looking for food for sensitive stomachs and for senior dogs. Does anyone have any recommendations.

No raw food thank you.

Thanks for any help.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Have you tried Lilys dog food? They do one for sensitive tummys.
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

When we were looking after a puppy with a delicate tummy we fed him on chicken and rice or fish and rice, he loved it and it seemed to settle things. I have given this to dogs of all ages when unwell.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
When we were looking after a puppy with a delicate tummy we fed him on chicken and rice or fish and rice, he loved it and it seemed to settle things. I have given this to dogs of all ages when unwell.
I have always done this, but I think it might be a Bull Terrier thing, I don't think she is doing that well with Chicken. Quite a few bullies are allergic to chicken. She has always been okay, but just lately seems to not be as good. She had fish last night and no sick.

x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Mobile

When one of our Staffies was getting older and sick more often, we took her to the vet for advice on food. They did blood tests and she had the early stages of kidney disease. We had to change the food to a renal diet and she was much better for a few years.
If she's being sick I would take her for a check-up at the vet. They will advise you on what foods will suit best for her senior years.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Have a look at the website All About Dog Food. You can search for foods based on your dogs size, weight and age. There's a breakdown of what's in the food and a rating. Worth a look.
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My puppy was a bit sensitive when we first brought him home and was picky when he did eat. We swapped to Butternut Box and he LOVES it. Eats every scrap. The food is freshly cooked and comes in frozen pouches so it’s really easy to use. And it smells delicious 😂

If you want to try it cheaply let me know as I have a code that will give you 50% off your first box
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Our vet recommended James Wellbeloved, I have an elderly Chihuahua with a dodgy stomach and she has been a different dog since going onto that? It's very bland! My vet said the Turkey flavour is the mildest. I buy it online from pets at home on repeat order! Xx
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Our 5 year old CKCS has always had a slightly sensitive stomach (chicken seems to go straight through him).
We feed him James Wellbeloved dry food which is hypoallergenic. He mostly has the turkey and rice and fish and rice varieties. We tried a few different other brands when he was a puppy and have stuck with JW as it suits him.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Tilly has always had a delicate tummy, worse now she is older.
The advice my vet gave me was to stop all treats, use a good, dry, mature dog food.
When swapping over to whichever food, do the transition very slowly or the sudden change can really upset the tummy.
It sounds mean not giving a dog treats but Tilly is spoiled rotten, certainly the princess of the house lol
Forgot to add, we use mature wainwrights dry dog food 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List