Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Yipykayay
Excited about Disney

Mobile Virgin Atlantic reward seat

Hi all,
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the date of a VA reward flight?
If so, would this incur a fee?
There is availability for the new date.
I'm new to the whole reward thing so any help would be gratefully received.
Yipykayay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
If there is availability then yes. They could charge you £30 per person in change fees but you might get away with it in current circumstances. Think you’d need to call or WhatsApp them.
Old 9 Dec 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Check their reward flight T&Cs, currently you are allowed two changes free of charge, you can also apply for a miles, taxes and fees refund 7 days post flight.
Old 9 Dec 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Yipykayay
Excited about Disney

Big thanks to you both. I'll give them a call when I get home
Yipykayay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Check their reward flight T&Cs, currently you are allowed two changes free of charge, you can also apply for a miles, taxes and fees refund 7 days post flight.
Sorry to hijack but is this 7 days after the original flight or 7 days after the new flight? The reason I ask is when I changed a flight due for October this year to May next I was told that I would get the refund in 180 days. Its now been more than this (they returned the miles but not the tax difference yet) and so I was curious in case this is why its taking so long. I have chased via Whatsapp and they keep saying they've escalated it but I hear nothing back.
Old 9 Dec 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Yipykayay
Excited about Disney

Spent an hour and a half on hold but got my flight changed with no fee.

Thanks again folks
Old 10 Dec 20, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Sorry to hijack but is this 7 days after the original flight or 7 days after the new flight? The reason I ask is when I changed a flight due for October this year to May next I was told that I would get the refund in 180 days. Its now been more than this (they returned the miles but not the tax difference yet) and so I was curious in case this is why its taking so long. I have chased via Whatsapp and they keep saying they've escalated it but I hear nothing back.
Hi gis, firstly my apologies, that should be pre, not post, flight.
Apparently Virgin changed their T&Cs whereby 7 days pre flight is the latest for return of reward seat miles, under 7 days and, apparently again, one won't see miles returned, only T&Fs less £30 admin fee.

Sorry I'm no help gis... whilst I checked, I asked Steve (cabbie), to confirm the recent Virgin offering of 50% off reward seat miles carried the same T&Cs - I'm not sure of your scenario, be interested to know.
Old 10 Dec 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Apparently Virgin changed their T&Cs whereby 7 days pre flight is the latest for return of reward seat miles, under 7 days and, apparently again, one won't see miles returned, only T&Fs less £30 admin fee.

Sorry I'm no help gis... whilst I checked, I asked Steve (cabbie), to confirm the recent Virgin offering of 50% off reward seat miles carried the same T&Cs - I'm not sure of your scenario, be interested to know.
Thanks! No worries Its not a full refund so not like they have £100s of my money but I would like some idea on when its due back. I'll keep chasing
Old 10 Dec 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Their T&Cs of 24th September say 24 hours for full return of miles not 7 days

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi Dot - hence why I'm unsure if the VA agent info I was given during the 50% reward seat sale is correct. The agent advised 2, FOC, changes. Cancelling reward seats, with miles return, latest is 7 days pre-flight, otherwise miles not returned, only T&Fs minus £30 admin fee.