Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Dec 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

Villa booked, but now up for sale. Update.

We have a villa booked for February, deposit paid, balance to be paid in a couple of weeks. Not that I think we will get there.

Villa website has disappeared, and I have found it for sale on a Florida realator site.

We have had no contact with the owner, just wondering what people thought, and what we should do.

Sent the owner a message, got deposit back today. If we get to go I had better pack a tent!

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.

Edited at 10:39 PM. Reason: Update
Maindrain is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s unlikely you will be going anyway so you might as well start the process of asking for a refund.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

So very unlucky for you, however, think that the Villa owner should have told you weeks ago that they were selling their villa, to not to have told you whilst holding your deposit not good at all. I would be in touch immediately to find out if this is actually their villa, and what is happening about your visit.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

I agree with Moorlandman sadly imho its looking very unlikely that your trip will go ahead anyway. I’d exploit the fact that the villa is for sale as a reason to restart communication with the villa owners and get a refund processed now. IF the villa sells before February there’s no certainty that a new owner would honour your booking.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

My villa reservation for next September. The owner contacted me to tell me they had sold their villa and was returning my deposit, which they did. They told me is was a residential sale and the new owners would not be renting so my reservation could not be transferred.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

As a villa owner I’d have to agree the owner should have told you
Although villas are s Laing very very quickly average time on our estate is7 days
you don’t make the decision just to sell overnight and it takes a week or more to get them on the market
I’d be contacting them now as we have with our first guests due in at Easter as we don’t think they will be going either but hopefully
At the moment many vacation rental homes are being bought by those wishing to live full time in them
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List