Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 22 Dec 20, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Im still waiting for mine. I called and cancelled at the beginning of October. I cannot believe they are issuing cheques either ! Seems so totally ridiculous - Disney totally lack the IT infrastructure they need

Universal were fantastic ( 5 day park to park hopper )

Discovery Cove have indicated a refund to credit card after I contacted them on Saturday to cancel ex partners ticket
Old 22 Dec 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Im still waiting for mine. I called and cancelled at the beginning of October. I cannot believe they are issuing cheques either ! Seems so totally ridiculous - Disney totally lack the IT infrastructure they need

Universal were fantastic ( 5 day park to park hopper )

Discovery Cove have indicated a refund to credit card after I contacted them on Saturday to cancel ex partners ticket
I have been waiting since June but they are only issuing cheques where the original payment form is no longer available i.e. in my case where I paid using my room key and therefore they don't have an original payment form. If you paid with a credit card they don't issue a cheque.
Old 24 Dec 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Just has a phone call from a lady saying she was phoning on behalf of WDW about my annual pass refunds. She asked me to verify number on back of ticket but the number wasn’t in the format she wanted so i confirmed my address and she then offered me a choice of receiving cheques in the post, or accepting gift cards that she could email to me today and I would get an extra $20 if I took the gift cards. I was tempted by the gift card but in the end decided to stick with the cheques as I’m not sure at the moment how long it will be before we visit Florida next. She confirmed I would receive 3 cheques of $317 for our Gold APs. We had paid $147 + tax to upgrade out Ultimate tickets to the Gold APs in the first place.
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF

Edited at 03:10 PM.
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

ohhh! Birtie so I missed 2 calls one on Christmas Eve and one on Boxing day from WDW as my phone wasn't on me and have a number to ring back. Both said they were to discuss my AP refund options so I'm guessing its to ask if I want a cheque or gift cards. I'm thinking Cheque in all honesty as if it was siginificantly more I might have gone gift card but when at the moment there is no definite return date to the parks and when I doubt you can use the gift cards for UK tickets anyway it seems the sensible option. Waiting until later on today to give them a ring as I am finally back home after bubbling with my parents over the Christmas period (the luxury of being on my own meant I could form a support bubble outside of the Christmas allowed period so stayed til the 2nd).
Old 4 Jan 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This might not be the case, but when I was due a refund from Alamo regarding Car hire, they could only send a cheque and there was a charge for paying it into the bank and it took a while as it was issued by an American bank.
Just worth bearing in mind.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I also missed a call from WDW about my pass last week - called back on the number provided but was on hold for ages and then got cut off! I'll try calling again today. If they do offer a gift card vs cheque I'm tempted to take the gift card if it has no expiry date as the cheque sounds like a lot of hassle.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
This might not be the case, but when I was due a refund from Alamo regarding Car hire, they could only send a cheque and there was a charge for paying it into the bank and it took a while as it was issued by an American bank.
Just worth bearing in mind.
Yeah all good info I know about thanks. I've been waiting since June assuming it was automatically going to be a cheque. My concern with a gift card is that its tying the money up even longer. I have already checked and the fee to cash is around £35 so I don't think a $20 bonus on a gift card really offsets the benefit of getting the payment unless it has no expiry I guess. I might ask about that when I call shortly

EDITTED - I phoned at 12:30pm UK time and got through straight away (went to 0014079397277 and then said "Annual Pass Refund" when asked what I was calling about to go through to AP services). It took around 15 mins for the entire call.

They confirmed I had $499.54 refund on my AP (spent $535 including tax on upgrading a 14 day ticket back in September 2019 so was for 6 months remaining on ticket). The gift card is non-expiry so I went for this option in the end as it can be used not only in WDW but also California, any of the US Disney hotels (Vero Beach, Alauni etc), Disney Cruise Line or shopDisney (I assuming US website only) and my hope is to be cruising in November with DCL so this will go towards that. Also the gift card doesn't need to be spent in one go.

One thing they did note however was that the card isn't instantaneously sent so might have a little bit of a wait for it to arrive via email as they have to send the request to their department to process. She was hopeful this will however be issued quicker than a cheque. My only doubt in all of this is the annoyance if I loose the email or forget to use the gift card I know I will kick myself. This morning I was sure I was going down the cheque route but the DCL thing swayed me.

Hope others manage to get it sorted.

Edited at 02:07 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Has anyone who said they would accept a gift card actually received an email yet? I spoke to AP services on 4th Jan and said I would prefer a gift card rather than a cheque but I still haven't received an email with the gift card - hoping they haven't ignored my request and are going to send a cheque instead!
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Received Email telling me I am to get a "paper check". Amount and date unknown but "check your mailbox regularly". At least I now know that I am in the process. It's like a Treasure Hunt.
After first contact to cancel on June 5th, I finally lost patience and rang them. Despite earlier Email from them in November, my refund was not being processed due to a "problem with the address". Strange as they asked my address details for security when they answered the call. After a 20 minute call, I am now assured it is being processed and I will receive 2 cheques for about half the cost but no-one can tell me when.
It's all a bit of a mess. This is the final refund for 3 cancelled holidays in 2020. All the rest paid up some time ago, leaving Disney for me as the slowest in the world.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
Has anyone who said they would accept a gift card actually received an email yet? I spoke to AP services on 4th Jan and said I would prefer a gift card rather than a cheque but I still haven't received an email with the gift card - hoping they haven't ignored my request and are going to send a cheque instead!
No so I was told it will take a couple of weeks. They have to send the request over to another department and they process in batches like the cheques (weird right!). She said give it 4 weeks and if you've not seen anything ring to chase but should be here by Feb