Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Dec 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Thank goodness you were able to take him back again
Just shows how quickly they can get poorly
Hope he gets on ok tomorrow xx
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Aw poor thing. Thankfully it sounds like you’ve done the right thing and 🤞 he’s feeling much better tomorrow. Pets can be really stressful at times, good job we love them.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

It’s horrible seeing your pets suffer. I hope he improves soon.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Well Ozzy got worse and started slavering and wouldn’t come in from the garden, so I rang the vet again and he told us to come in as the slavering isn’t a symptom of colitis.

I’m so glad I did as it turns out he has pancreatitis which is pretty serious. He had a blood test and his levels were twice what they should be. They gave him some anti sickness and a antibiotic injection. He has to go back in at 8.30 in the morning and May need a drip? (But hopefully not) He’s only allowed a bit of water little and often, no food at all.

We are going to keep an eye on him trough the night, I’ve already told my teen girls they need to do a couple of hours each.😴

I think he’ll be ok (hopefully caught it quickly) he’s now just laying quiet in the hallway and hasn’t been sick for a while. 🤞🏼

Thank you for replying it’s nice to know someone’s interested. 😂👍🏼

Kat
Oh no, poor Ozzy. I've had pancreatitis and it's horrible. Hopefully he'll make a full and speedy recovery, it's not uncommon in dogs.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Our little Jackapoo had colitis a few years ago - it lasted about 8 weeks - it was awful - just gave her chicken and any tablets have to be mashed up and mixed with Brussels pate - it did go and we still have to give any tablets with pate - always works but it’s so upsetting when they are ill.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

My mini schnauzer had pancreatitis back in Feb. He was very poorly and in the vets for about a week, he didn't eat and lost a lot of weight, in the end they eventually let him come home as they thought it might encourage him to perk up, so they taught us how to give him medicine and food through his tube. Luckily they were right, and being home seemed to make him come round and make a full recovery. I hope Ozzy starts to feel better soon!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Update:

I stayed up with Ozzy during the night and slept on the sofa checking him every hour just incase he deteriorated and we needed to take him to the out of hours vets. Luckily he wasn’t sick anymore but I was worried and didn’t get much sleep. He spent today on a drip at the vets, he’s looking much better and the vet is pleased with his progress. He wants to see Oz again in the morning and may need to do the same again so he still has the cannula in his leg. He’s only allowed a spoonful of special food every hour and is weeing for Britain but we are so pleased to have him home. 😍

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

So sorry to hear Ozzy is suffering. Our boy Flynn had this when he was around 18 months and he is now 4 1/2 years, he has had a few bouts of it over the last couple if years but is generally doing really well. He now has to have a low fat diet (below 5%) and he's really skinny as he's a very energetic springer so trying to keep weight on him is a bit of an issue as we can't feed him lots of calories!

Advice we got from our vet was to split his food in to smaller meals so he gets 4 meals a day as this is easier to digest.

We give him this food that seems to suit him - naturesmenu/nmncf-...d-fish-nuggets

All the best to you both x

Edited at 09:48 PM.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Abbysmum View Post
So sorry to hear Ozzy is suffering. Our boy Flynn had this when he was around 18 months and he is now 4 1/2 years, he has had a few bouts of it over the last couple if years but is generally doing really well. He now has to have a low fat diet (below 5%) and he's really skinny as he's a very energetic springer so trying to keep weight on him is a bit of an issue as we can't feed him lots of calories!

Advice we got from our vet was to split his food in to smaller meals so he gets 4 meals a day as this is easier to digest.

We give him this food that seems to suit him - naturesmenu/nmncf-...d-fish-nuggets

All the best to you both x
Ozzy is much better again today so the vets signed him off with some tablets and his food. He also has to have a low fat diet from now on. The vet said he may get it again as his pancreas will be a little damaged so will be more susceptible. Hope not though! 🤞🏼

No more rubbish food and not too many treats to keep his fat intake down.

We are just so pleased we caught it early and before Christmas itself (as that would have been scary if it was say, Christmas Eve!) and hopefully it’s not done too much damage.

I’ll look into your food suggestions as it’s good to have options, the vets recommend Chappie, which we’ve feed to our digs over the years, so know it’s a good one. Nice and fishy 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Ozzy is much better again today so the vets signed him off with some tablets and his food. He also has to have a low fat diet from now on. The vet said he may get it again as his pancreas will be a little damaged so will be more susceptible. Hope not though! 🤞🏼

No more rubbish food and not too many treats to keep his fat intake down.

We are just so pleased we caught it early and before Christmas itself (as that would have been scary if it was say, Christmas Eve!) and hopefully it’s not done too much damage.

I’ll look into your food suggestions as it’s good to have options, the vets recommend Chappie, which we’ve feed to our digs over the years, so know it’s a good one. Nice and fishy 😂

Kat
Our vet also recommended Chappy! Was quite surprised actually but it seems to be working well!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List