Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Dec 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Frozenice
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I have given hours of my time defending people who I know are right but it's not always possible to prove it. Every now and then a case comes along where you have all the evidence and proof and this one of them and it's a great day for any union rep. Ok?
I don't think it's me with the power complex!
It's definitely not you with the power complex!

Well done for helping so many people who we're in the right.
Frozenice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I've been pondering who this mystery big UK company could be that could be part of an offer on cereals but not fit their strategic brand.

Co-op Funeral Service?
Ambi Pure Airfresheners?
Walls Sausages?
IKEA, free flatpack kitchen in every box!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I've got a strong feeling it's Ann Summers.

'Adult Rice Crispies - loud enough to make your teeth rattle'
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

As others have said, IT groups can check records and see that the email was sent, time and from which IP address and when.

Keep your discussion factual and emotionless as possible, stick to facts and logical arguments if you can.

Lets assume the IT team back you up with evidence that shows time and where sent from. this other persons machine.

Say things like:

The evidence shows that it was not sent by me, how exactly would I have forged it?

The only way I know to send it is to have this other persons login details, log onto their machine and send the email, so if I did have these, why did I send but one email? I have proof that I did not send the email in question, apart from the person, to whom all evidence points, saying they did not do it, why do you think it is me?

I have been through situations not quite like this before, and had to make sure the evidence was there, else the company feared being sued for things like constructive dismissal.

Another thing, where were you at the time this other email was sent?
Sat in your office on your own?
Doing a presentation to 20 people?
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
ridiculous statement even for tory boys and girls. Pathetic bunch. Remember all the pay, welfare, health and safety and work practices you, your friends children and grandchildren are enjoying have come from the sweat and blood of past workers who formed unions to have a better working life and considerate bosses who acknowledged a safe and happy workplace is best.
Sorry to go off this thread as it’s important for the op. But theses tories.
again --- im not a tory
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

If I were you OP, I would not attend a meeting tomorrow and I definitely would not respond to your colleague that has made these accusations. I also would not start a grievance at this point, it is premature.

I think you shouldn’t do anything until the IT investigations are completed. I think that will resolve the matter in no time.

I once had somebody forge an email from me, they took a genuine email I had sent to them, deleted my text, replaced it with their own text and then forwarded it on with a cover note along the lines of “Claudette wants you to do this, see below”. This was to their own subordinate but I was more senior and so it gave it more clout. I found out because the recipient replied to his manager but copied me in. I sent an email to the individual only saying “I don’t remember sending that email to you John”. I then alerted the iT fraud department and within six hours they confirmed that the original email from me was something completely different and had been doctored before being sent on.

I was really shook up at having an email forged in my name, but the truth was clarified very quickly. Let that happen as the next step.

Edited at 08:12 PM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I have given hours of my time defending people who I know are right but it's not always possible to prove it. Every now and then a case comes along where you have all the evidence and proof and this one of them and it's a great day for any union rep. Ok?
I don't think it's me with the power complex!
Absolutely correct.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Because all unions exist only to make trouble and allow people with "power-complexes" to have an outlet for their desires.

As I've said before the UK will be better when the Tories follow through on their plans to outlaw/neuter them
they had there place many many years ago now they just destroy industry they have since the 70s
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by madasahat View Post
they had there place many many years ago now they just destroy industry they have since the 70s
I would never not be in my union. If a student accused me of something, they will be the only ones fighting my corner. And I say this being of course innocent of any wrong doing!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
I would never not be in my union. If a student accused me of something, they will be the only ones fighting my corner. And I say this being of course innocent of any wrong doing!
I think they have their place, but as a professional working for a large organisation I would never contemplate joining one. So I do understand why OP never has. All my jobs I’ve had to opt out of working time directives and the like anyway. I vote Labour, always have and likely always will, but I do think unions ‘can’ be problematic