Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jan 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Would he wear a visor?
If he knows he gets to go to see Mickey would it encourage him?
WDW does not allow visors on their own. - These are the mask requirements :-

All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material.
Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin.
Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the guest to remain hands-free.

A visor can be worn in addition to a mask but not instead of.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I live in Kissimmee with a 17 year old autistic daughter. There are NO MASK EXEMPTIONS for special needs at Disney Or Universal. I belong to a special needs Annual Passholder Facebook group and both parks have confirmed this many times. As above, face shields are not allowed except in addition to a mask. Virgin clearly have no idea.

I am aware of one severely disabled child currently visiting Disney who has NOT been hassled for not wearing a mask. However he breathes exclusively through an oxygen tank connected to a port in his throat. Clearly he isn't expelling water droplets into the air. (In case anyone is concerned about him visiting during Covid, his doctors have stated that he is actually at less risk of contracting Covid than a healthy child).
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

Rather concerned. My grandson will be 2 on September 4th. We go on 11th. This is really young for him and he will not be used to wearing a mask. 😳
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I guess we can hope that by the summer if masks are still worn, they may be limited to inside only? fingers crossed for you all
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We cancelled our easter trip because my son who has autism wont wear a mask. Until that rule ends we wont be able to go.
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VickieMH View Post
Rather concerned. My grandson will be 2 on September 4th. We go on 11th. This is really young for him and he will not be used to wearing a mask. 😳
I think some holiday providers are prepared to waive their amendment fees if you decide it would be better to postpone the holiday, but I’d definitely contact them to check. If they will let you change your dates, I’d still hang on for now - there’s still plenty of time for them to change their policy if covid rates drop by then. Even if masks are still required, you might be able to get your grandson used to mask wearing before he turns two, so hopefully your holiday can go ahead as planned anyway.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Here in Osceola County (and in Orange), mask rules start at 2 in all public buildings not just the theme parks. All school children attending face to face school are also wearing them in class. I have seen loads of very young children wearing them without a problem. We also attended an Autism Society weekend event that required masks in all public places. Most young and autistic children can wear them if they are given time to get used to them and realise they have no choice. However I wouldn't be planning an expensive holiday if I had any doubts my child could cope with it.
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Everytime I read that children are expected to wear masks from age 2 it makes me uneasy! I know when both of mine were that small they wouldn't keep anything on their head let alone across their faces!

I'm sorry that Virgin gave you the wrong information, thats very frustrating
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
unfortunatly its everyone who has to wear a mask
I also have a autistic son whos 11 and we are having him wear a mask when out to get used to the idea so it becomes normal
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Travelalways
Earning More Ears

Thank you so much for clarifying for me
Travelalways is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List