Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Dec 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

I’m trying, I got a second hand treadmill just a few weeks before Christmas, was £100 bargain. Have done a few sessions, today did 30 mins and 400 calories. That’s brill for me. Wish to loose weight, tone up and also do some density exercises. Was increasing movement before by stepping, joggin on the spot and Leslie Sampson. That’s handy and simple to do. I’ve worked from home for years, and so often don’t move much, 5000 steps a day is my target. Got to move a bit more and loose some weight...
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I need to lose weight. I lost loads before the kids and then put lots on and have never lost it. The trouble I have is I’m very very very time poor. Both me and DH work full time, we have around 6 hours of childcare a week for our youngest, our oldest is at primary, our youngest is at nursery part time and he has additional needs so has a lot of therapy sessions etc. I work every night until 10. Neither of my kids sleep through the night so parenting is very much 24/7 with tiny windows of time here and there. I can’t just go and exercise when the kids are here or awake so I really struggle.

I bought a spin bike and I’ve signed up to the lands end to John o groats challenge to try and just move more. I think my best chance is walking with the kids as so far the spin bike has just been a great clothes horse!

So that’s my really long intro to saying despite all this I really do want to lose weight. I’m 42 next year and feel my age. I’m so overweight, unfit and unhealthy. I’m tired ALL THE TIME. I want to get healthy as well as lose weight for me and for my family so I can live a long healthy life for my kids.

So my plan is clock my miles, overhaul our diets, eat better, better choices, no alcohol, lots of water, organic where we can and sleep as much as I can - and hopefully build my fitness, health and stamina.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Angcap
Getting Excited

Just searched Fitness blender and it looks 👍 thank you for the suggestion 😊 I will give some a go.
Angcap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
Oh thanks for that suggestion, great idea and it's the Les Mills body combat I do at the gym. Thank you 😃😃
I have this too and it’s fab!
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I hopefully will have a mare and foal to show in the summer so I need to be able to run with them to show them off at their best. I cannot run the length of myself at the moment so thet's my goal.
Old 30 Dec 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I’ve just signed up to a raceatyourpace challenge.
I chose a walk of 125 miles for the month.
Not too taxing but I haven’t been out walking since July.
Tracy x
Old 3 Jan 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

For the last few years I've started off the year with a running goal.

Most years it is to run 365 km in that year (an average of 1 km a day), and I didn't meet that most years.

In 2019 I had the same goal. But around the end of January I decided to properly lose weight and massively increased my running, and I hit that goal sometime around April. At which point the goal got increased to running 1200 km that year (an average of 100 km a month) which I met!

So kept that goal for 2020, and did pretty well for January (ran 100 km). Then COVID-19 came along, work got massively busy, and I didn't manage to run much for the next few months. Sometime around July things got back to fairly normal here, and I could run more - so revised my running goal to running 732 km in the year (2 km a day) which I just squeaked past!

The thing though is that I lost around 2.5 stone in 2019, and gained back about half a stone in 2020 despite all that running! Still firmly in the healthy weight category, but would like to lose some of the weight I gained back.

So, my fitness goals for 2021 (currently) are:
- Run 730 km in the year (average of 2 km a day)
- Not gain any more weight, and if possible lose some of the weight I regained!

I have just bought a foldable treadmill which is getting delivered this week, so that should help with the running goal this year!
Old 3 Jan 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m doing Slim Fast soon and absolutely dreading it as I like my food and wine. However lockdown and Christmas has taken its toll so needs must
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I want to eat healthier and move a bit more. I slipped a disc in my back just over a year ago and I'm also having a lot of hip and general back pain, I think losing weight will help that
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
To lose weight so I can exercise more. Its a vicious circle, I have trouble with a knee and my feet so find it difficult even walking any distance, and I used to love my walking, but have put on so much weight recently which I think is the cause of the issues.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List