Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 5 Jan 21, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile Blender

My hand held blender if 10 years passed away yesterday. I use it mostly for soups.

Ds has been saying he wants a smoothie maker. Is it possible that I could purchase one of the nutribullet/nutri ninja type blenders and use it for both soups and smoothies?

Probably a very silly question 😬
Old 5 Jan 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I wouldn't use a nutribullet blender for soups. But you could get a bigger blender such as a Blendtec and use for soups and smoothies. Similar to this (I am sure there are other cheaper brands but love my Blendtec): amazon/dp/B014W6L5..._zCb9Fb8P89NG3
Old 5 Jan 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

I use my nutribullet for soups and sauces but it’s a slow process as I have to do it in batches and you have to make sure the soup/sauce is completely cooled down before you whizz it up or you’ll have a butternut squash soup disaster like I did before Christmas, I’m still finding bits of it on the wall and cupboards 🤦
It does now mean I can’t use the cups for smoothies as no matter how much I wash them you can’t get the smell of any herbs / spices out so I need to buy a replacement cup and blade.
I’m going to buy a proper food processor soon, will be a lot easier !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I have a nutribullet and agree it would take ages to blend a vat of soup.
I think the cheap stick blenders are the best thing for soups.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

My Bamix stick blender makes smoothies too, as Im sure most stick blenders will do if you have the right accessories.

I have a blender that should sit on the counter, but it is away in the garage because it can do nothing that a stick blender can't do, and its such a faff to wash up.
Old 6 Jan 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
slightly serious Dibber

I have been looking at the ninja blender and soup make. Soup in the winter and cocktails all year round. It has good reviews and will do everything you need.
2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I use the liquidiser attachment on my trusty Kenwood chefette for soups. I did have a soup maker but I burnt it.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List