Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How do you keep busy?

How do you keep busy during this rubbish time, I walk the dog and eat and cook and clean. Watch a lot of tv and listen to music on Alexa, I’ve curbed my online shopping because I spent way to much over Christmas. I do puzzles online, I’m so bored 😐. Luckily I have family here to chat to and see my sister once a week. What do you do if you’re not a work? 🤷
Old 22 Jan 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I can fed ex a 3 year old to you Sandra that will,keep,you busy
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I can fed ex a 3 year old to you Sandra that will,keep,you busy
Only if you guarantee it’s Covid free! 🤣
I’d love that we’d do baking and art stuff and gluing and painting, my son 24 and dd 18 aren’t interested!

Edited at 12:55 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
How do you keep busy during this rubbish time, I walk the dog and eat and cook and clean. Watch a lot of tv and listen to music on Alexa, I’ve curbed my online shopping because I spent way to much over Christmas. I do puzzles online, I’m so bored 😐. Luckily I have family here to chat to and see my sister once a week. What do you do if you’re not a work? 🤷
Exercise exercise exercise 🙊🙊🙊🙊
Get up @6 with Hubbie then do my daily run cycle walk class etc 💪💪 to include my “ essential “ food shopping too
Housework maybe 🤪
Usually done by lunchtime but it’s the afternoons that drag till Hubbie gets home at 6.30, might watch Housewives of New Jersey & of course time on the DIBB 🤩🤩
I’m currently cooking a pavlova 🙊💕😋
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I am pretty bored but do have my support bubble and they have a puppy and old doodle which I help lol after - this afternoon going to exercise them, pamper the old one and have afternoon tea. But need to do some yoga at some point
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Blimey Claire I can’t get up that early or do what you do, but I do admire you for doing it! I wish i was sporty but used to write my own notes to get out of pe lessons! 🤣
Old 22 Jan 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We’ve taken to walking the dogs separately so we all have time on our own and the dogs are getting out more
Ian has his gym in the house and can still golf when the course is open
Housework of course , pre school learning with gds takes up some time every day
I spent he other day batch cooking and preparing meals for the slow cooker
I do knit and have several crafting hobbies
Desperate for better weather to get out to the garden though
Some days are longer 5han others though
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wish I had that problem lol, I find I haven't enough hours in the day. Would do anything to have some time to binge watch some Netflix.
Its a beautiful day here in S.Wales if I wasn't stuck to my desk (currently having half hour for lunch) I would be going for a long walk,I'm lucky to have beautiful areas to walk, I do feel for those who don't.
Old 22 Jan 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I walk the dog twice a day...

- first one at 6:30 for 45 minutes or so at a real hard march to get the blood pumping.
- lunchtime for half an hour or so.

If it's raining and/or we go somewhere muddy (and it's nearly always one, if not both, of those recently) then cleaning the dog up when we get in can take a while.

Between these walks I'm on teacher home-schooling duties and making sure breakfast and lunch is eaten and tidied away etc. In parallel with this, I'll be getting what small quantity of work I manage, done.

Mrs B will be home around 12:45 to save me from insanity. In return I'll have lunch made for her when she walks in the door. This can take longer than it should, as I always try to find something different/interesting to make for her.

In the afternoon, I'll go for a run. This takes ages, primarily as I procrastinate for England, over which shoes to wear (I have 10 pairs in my current rotation), what running clothes to wear (how cold is it? is it/will it rain?), where to run, how far to run and what pace to run at.

When I get back I'll cool down, stuff my face with food and then shower. Essentially, a one hour run can take me the best part of three hours including all my faffing.

Then it will be time to cook the family dinner, as I'm the house chef. I cook everything from scratch so how long it takes depends on what I can be bothered with.

Get any pots and pans etc washed and dried up, load the dishwasher with the rest and it will probably be 6:30-7:00pm, give or take, and it will feel like I've done nothing productive of note in the preceding 12 hours. I may dabble with a few work bits throughout the evening before it's time for bed and repeat the whole process!

Excess time is not something I feel blessed with. I'm just thankful I don't have a proper job and an employer/boss expecting anything from me!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I walk the dog twice a day...

- first one at 6:30 for 45 minutes or so at a real hard march to get the blood pumping.
- lunchtime for half an hour or so.

If it's raining and/or we go somewhere muddy (and it's nearly always one, if not both, of those recently) then cleaning the dog up when we get in can take a while.

Between these walks I'm on teacher home-schooling duties and making sure breakfast and lunch is eaten and tidied away etc. In parallel with this, I'll be getting what small quantity of work I manage, done.

Mrs B will be home around 12:45 to save me from insanity. In return I'll have lunch made for her when she walks in the door. This can take longer than it should, as I always try to find something different/interesting to make for her.

In the afternoon, I'll go for a run. This takes ages, primarily as I procrastinate for England, over which shoes to wear (I have 10 pairs in my current rotation), what running clothes to wear (how cold is it? is it/will it rain?), where to run, how far to run and what pace to run at.

When I get back I'll cool down, stuff my face with food and then shower. Essentially, a one hour run can take me the best part of three hours including all my faffing.

Then it will be time to cook the family dinner, as I'm the house chef. I cook everything from scratch so how long it takes depends on what I can be bothered with.

Get any pots and pans etc washed and dried up, load the dishwasher with the rest and it will probably be 6:30-7:00pm, give or take, and it will feel like I've done nothing productive of note in the preceding 12 hours. I may dabble with a few work bits throughout the evening before it's time for bed and repeat the whole process!

Excess time is not something I feel blessed with. I'm just thankful I don't have a proper job and an employer/boss expecting anything from me!
Bozza, That’s a lot of trainers to have on the go
Hubbie has quite a few but ASICS are his favourite ones 🤩
Our son has just bought some HOKA’s & even though they get great reviews he doesn’t like them , that’s over £100 wasted
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List