Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Jan 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We’re in a similar position, we were supposed to go in May 2020 and had already linked our tickets. We’ve reserved park days for May 2021 but that trip looks unlikely so we’re going to wait a bit longer and possibly go in Sept 2021. If we can’t go then due to travel restrictions I would hope the ticket company would credit our account as they did with our Discovery Cove tickets.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pdw8
Trying for More Ears

I bought 6 x 14 day tickets direct with Disney last August. We planned to go in April this year but BA have changed our flights so we began to wonder about going in 2022 instead. I then email Disney and asked to extend into 2022 but I was told on 2 different occasions that I have to activate the tickets in or before 31st December 21. They are not transferable into 2022. These replies were in December so I dont know if thats changed. I am happy to pay any price increase to move into 2022 if needed but the answer was a flat no.
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Funnily enough I called Attraction tickets this morning as we were originally going in May 20 and had our tickets in our possession , we were told they are valid until 21st Sept 2021.
as we are not going until May 22 now I asked what our options were.
1. Have an 80% refund

2. Send them back now and they hold the full amount as a credit on the account then we pay the difference between 20 and 22 prices and without any admin fees when we are ready to go.

3. Wait until closer the time and send them back, BEFORE sept 21st 2021 and after paying the difference they will post the new tickets when they get them themselves.

I could kick myself really as we have purchased tickets from them 4 times before and always took the insurance with them but as they are now linked to MDE even if we dd lose them we don't need the physical ticket to enter the parks so declined the offer. If we had taken it we could have had a full refund
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bulldogmason
Getting to know the DIBB

I’ve been trying to find out the answer to this also. We’re further in the dark as we bought the tickets from Florida Escapes who have “mothballed” the company for the foreseeable future and so can’t get any info or answers from them.
We rebooked from May 2020 to this coming May and can’t see that happening and so would need to change again, probably to May 2022.
Bulldogmason is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyannie
Proud to wear my Ears

I have the same quandary with Virgin, plan to move my booking to 2022 tomorrow, haven't had the conversation with them about my tickets yet, but had to pre purchase as needed to do the park reservations for this year, so have no idea how they will handle that part of my booking.
Aug 13 Highlands ReserveSept 17 AKL/Highlands Reserve

Sept 22 Port Orleans Riverside/Wish DCL/Dolphin/Highlands Reserve
disneyannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneyannie View Post
I have the same quandary with Virgin, plan to move my booking to 2022 tomorrow, haven't had the conversation with them about my tickets yet, but had to pre purchase as needed to do the park reservations for this year, so have no idea how they will handle that part of my booking.
We are the same, booked with Virgin and purchased the tickets for park reservations. Please update as to how you get on with Virgin. I'm not worried about our deposit as we can move it, but I am worried about the cost of the tickets being lost.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyannie
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We are the same, booked with Virgin and purchased the tickets for park reservations. Please update as to how you get on with Virgin. I'm not worried about our deposit as we can move it, but I am worried about the cost of the tickets being lost.
I'm phoning them in the morning, so will let you know

disneyannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyannie
Proud to wear my Ears

Virgin moved the value I paid for the Disney tickets to my new booking, so all good.

Old 28 Jan 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneyannie View Post
Virgin moved the value I paid for the Disney tickets to my new booking, so all good.
Thank you, that's great to know, we paid £2,200 I think for our tickets. Although I hope I never need to use your info, I don't want to move it again

Did you get a good deal for your new holiday?
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
planefixer860
slightly serious Dibber

planefixer860's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
14 day tickets

Like everyone I'm debating if I should cash in or hold. I had this reply from Disney when I emailed only last week.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World® Ticketing.

If you are unable to utilize your tickets prior to their new expiration, we may be able to apply the price paid for a completely unused ticket towards a new Disney Theme Park Ticket in the future, subject to restrictions.

If you are interested in using the value of your unused ticket purchased online or with our agent via phone, towards a new Walt Disney World ticket, we need to confirm billing information for your initial purchase. We invite the purchaser to contact Walt Disney World Ticketing directly by calling 407-566-4985 option 4. Our office hours are 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. ET, seven (7) days a week. Please have your order confirmation and original form of payment ready that we may discuss your options with you.

Sincerely,

Lola​
Ticketing Guest Services
Walt Disney World® Resort

I was told by ATD they hope to have 2022 prices sometime next month, think i'll hold on until they do and see how much extra. Im not keen to take a credit note with so many businesses failing, I'd rather take a 20% hit and have my money back.
planefixer860 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List