Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jan 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Hubby only just received the email on 6th January!
Apparently additional card holders (of which I am one) cannot access the account
I do all the banking it seems we'll have to find another way to collect airmiles. I use my desktop for everything; I rarely use my phone due to poor eyesight and have to increase text size. Plus typing with arthritic fingers is difficult so this app is a huge NO from us
Under normal, non-covid circumstances we average about 5- 7k miles each month as we use the cards for personal and business purchases.
Looks like we'll have to find another way to earn Virgin Points
You could open your own account with them and earn that way rather than an additional account holder ? I have the app in my iPad as I cant read iPhone screen without specs and it works like dream (I had to make an appointment go into virgin money shop on Haymarket and explain my eyesight issues (short sighted) and they sorted it for me - incredibly helpful indeed)

PS I dont have a VS CC but various other savings accounts so maybe different ?

Edited at 12:16 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Apparently additional card holders (of which I am one) cannot access the account
I do all the banking it seems we'll have to find another way to collect airmiles. I use my desktop for everything; I rarely use my phone due to poor eyesight and have to increase text size. Plus typing with arthritic fingers is difficult so this app is a huge NO from us
Under normal, non-covid circumstances we average about 5- 7k miles each month as we use the cards for personal and business purchases.
I am still waiting for a reply from Virgin about what 'reasonable adjustments' they are planning to make the new service accessible for people with disabilities like the ones you describe. This is after all a legal duty. I have similar sight problems and use the website almost daily to manage my account. If and when I get a reply I will post here.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
I am still waiting for a reply from Virgin about what 'reasonable adjustments' they are planning to make the new service accessible for people with disabilities like the ones you describe. This is after all a legal duty. I have similar sight problems and use the website almost daily to manage my account. If and when I get a reply I will post here.
DH did the same. Their reasonable adjustment was paper statements (so very green) and telephone customer service😤

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I have also cancelled my Virgin CC. No loss as I always transfer the points to Hilton anyway. I use AE all the time and have a new IHG mastercard that works well. I have a Halifax cc I use abroad.

Am happy with my current set up dont need Virgin
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We use Amex for most purchases and rewards can be used for Virgin and many other things. Only used this Virgin card where I couldn't use Amex so not a huge loss of miles. Not a patch on the old MBNA offering!

Have now taken out Nationwide cards and waved a two finger goodbye to Virgin Money😄

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
Thank you Jennywren I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate you getting back to us if you actually do get a response
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
DH did the same. Their reasonable adjustment was paper statements (so very green) and telephone customer service😤
Oh my word! that would be laughable if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't even come close to a solution - plus the fact that paper statements and telephone banking have always been available pre-app grrr!
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Thank you Jennywren I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate you getting back to us if you actually do get a response
I have just sent a chaser to Virgin ass it is now over a month since I raised my formal complaint and have had no response. If I do get a reply I will post something here. I do receive large print paper statements from them now, and had to ask for a special credit card as I could not read the dark numbers printed on the flat cards so I now have a more traditional style card with the raised numbers. But they were both difficult to arrange and they seemed surprised to even be asked for these adjustments. But day to day I manage and check on the website and would not use an app even if I could see to do so, especially not confident to use one for finance issues.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

My enquiry to them was just repeated that I could use the app. So I repeated how do we close our accounts. Eventually I got a reply to say that I had to go into a shop or telephone them to do so. Have you tried telephoning them !
Had the email last week to say all on-line accounts will cease to be available on/after 31st January in case no one else has had that yet.
So rather than cancel our accounts 'officially' instead I had already removed said cards from any thing that they were attached to & as we had stopped using them when we were first told this would be happening I knew what would be the last items on the next statements. Today I checked both accounts and paid both of them off. We were already registered for paper statements so they can continue to send us them with nothing to pay on them. I shall use my BA Amex card to pay using their Shops Away, when able, to continue to make miles in future, earning VS miles and BA Avios at the same time .
I will just use one of my other cards for normal day to day stuff & my Post Office card for overseas spending. Goodbye VS Mastercard.
Old 9 Jan 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

I decided I wanted to close my credit card account last week as I don’t use it anymore. I’ve used the App to make payments to my account every month but now I want to cancel it, it’s impossible! I apparently have to send a secure message through the website except I can’t login on the website as my account apparently doesn’t exist 😡 So now I have to try ringing them in their shortened opening hours and wait in a queue when I have enough time...or wait until the app is a bit more useful!
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List