Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Dec 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Tokyo Disney (and other!) YT Channels I watch.

These are a list of the YT channels I subscribe to and why. Mostly they are to do with Tokyo Disney, but most cover other things in Tokyo and Japan - please add to the list any you think I should watch too

.. /UCMthB6k6LRN5Qwz8WybfXvA
TDR Explorer - probably the most detailed channel covers all them parks in Asia but with a focus on TDR. The guy (Chris) has recently moved house to be closed to TDR.

.. /UCiS_Rha9HIkafneIimbWh1g

.. /UCmlXOnadhtuofIseK12pu6Q

.. /UCW9QtvyLuixRy5Fy3z_mTVA

These are Japanese language YT channel that mostly cover Tokyo Disney but the final one does Universal also - they appear to visit every few days (the lucky swine's ) and take great pleasure as they walk around the parks, sometimes for over an hour, just wandering. Find it strangely relaxing and good for getting my bearings. One annoyance is that they blur out the faces for privacy reasons, but in crowd shots means sometimes the top half of the pic is blurred for few seconds. Oh the First World problems I have ...

.. /UCfZBS6f7K-3OBFBRwNQ-cgQ
thisNatasha was my bible for my first trip. Through work and holidays she has been to Japan many times and done many YT video's all over Japan and Tokyo. Also done South Kora, WDW, DL and Paris trips too. A very nice lady who replied to my many questions and was key to me feeling less concerned about my first trip to Japan.

youtube/user/cakeswithfaces
Another very nice person who done lots of videos on Tokyo, Japan and TDR. Loves her anime!

youtube/c/RionIshida
A Japanese guy who does his videos in English, has a rather quirky style that I find quite endearing! Mostly does Osaka area but does visit Tokyo quite often. He tried to do a live stream from TDR recently and got stopped from Security from doing so, which genuinely upset him. Felt quite sorry for the guy.

That my list of ones I subscribe to, I have also seen and enjoyed the trips of L&R Dreaming, Tim Tracker etc. - but these ones above are my regular subscriptions.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for sharing, I'm just starting planning a Japan trip including Disneyland/Sea for 2022 and this is just what I'm looking for.

Not much to add in return, but we do enjoy

youtube/c/TokidokiTraveller

Not Disney focused at all, but we've found some other interesting trip ideas and the videos are fun to watch
Sep 2024 10th Anniversary SSR & SF Sep 2023 SF Post Accident Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Not YT but there is a Japanese news and documentary channel, NHK, on Virgin TV.
Old 29 Dec 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Not YT but there is a Japanese news and documentary channel, NHK, on Virgin TV.
Oh good call, I forgot about them!
Their TOKYO EYE 2020 series is great, it was about getting visitors ready to come to Tokyo for the Olympics - how the trains work and things like that. Then it started showing things to do apart from the Olympics, quirky places to vist, hidden gems to eat at etc - I found quite a few places we went to on our trip last year from this series. However, some of the people they have a guest reporters makes you wonder what the criteria is as some of them do not belong in front of a camera! There was a French guy once, insisted in wearing some type of traditional Japanese clothing but could not take my eyes off his eye brows - they were the size of a babys forearm!

They also have some interesting shows on kawaii (cute) culture and other things. Worth a scan in the EPG and recording a few shows that take your fancy.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

That channel is on Freeview too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

There used to be a great channel called OhYeah Tv. I think it was Scott and Emily, there were loads of great videos but they have all bit a few been taken down. Luckily we downloaded a lot of them but didnt get them all, we used to watch them when prepping.

Weve got quite a library, from TDR explorer to various Tokyo walkthroughs. L and R dreaming have a reasonable set of videos and links to other people.

Edited at 10:38 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

NHK Japan is somewhat dangerous; after Discovery its my most watched/streamed channel.

Loved Toyko Eye then as it became Toyko Eye 2020 it became a great show to get people out of the standard tourist traps to experience more of real Tokyo.

Japanology Plus; just a fascinating series full of culture and history, it also keeps adding to my to visit list

Train Cruise; takes you around the country and various things to see that you wouldn't consider as a tourist but always inspiring

J-Mello; I need my J-pop fix XD

Dining with the Chef; because who doesn't like Japanese food?
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List