Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 12 Jan 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Bread maker - fruit bread recipe

I have recently bought a bread maker, made a white loaf which was really nice.

Does anyone make fruit bread in there’s and could recommend a recipe or even a book
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Hairy bikers Scandinavian tea ring looks interesting they also mention a german potato bread Rumanian sweet bread. All from their big book of baking. Good Housekeeping also has some recipes on fruit loafs

Edited at 01:47 PM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
I have recently bought a bread maker, made a white loaf which was really nice.

Does anyone make fruit bread in there’s and could recommend a recipe or even a book
Which one did you get? I had one on my Christmas list and I was talked into a echo and a light bulb that changes colour! I might buy one
Old 12 Jan 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Which one did you get? I had one on my Christmas list and I was talked into a echo and a light bulb that changes colour! I might buy one
How did you manage to get talked out of bread for a light bulb ? 🤣 And from your own Christmas list 😉😄
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I got a Morphy Richards (fast bake) one from Argos
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I totally love my bread maker and havent bought bread since I got it a year ago. I have a Panasonic which I got from John Lewis and can only say good things about it and would certainly buy it again.

I make wholemeal bread and about once a week/fortnight I make the dough for white rolls. We keep the extras in the freezer and they defrost an are perfect.

I have made the occasional fruit loaf but we try not to eat sweet stuff. I put minimal amounts of sugar and salt in my dough.

My son gave me Brilliant Breadmaking in your Bread Machine by Catherine Atkinson and it's a good book.

Hope this helps
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gull View Post
How did you manage to get talked out of bread for a light bulb ? 🤣 And from your own Christmas list 😉😄
My son said I would never use it and it would be a novelty and Echo in the bedroom was a better idea, can’t have the light bulb in the bedroom as it doesn’t work so it’s in the hallway! I would of preferred a bread maker