Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

New tableware - I didn’t think of...

So I have been thinking of replacing my kitchen plates & bowls and finally bit the bullet and ordered 2 lots from John Lewis. I finally decided on Denby Halo Speckle.

We all really liked it, I washed it and put it in the cupboard, used it for tea and then realised when stacking the dishwasher that it’s quite thick and chunky and soon fills my slimline dishwasher up. It even seems to not really fit in the basket slots and the bowls seem massive.

Can’t do much about it now but my previous set was china so a lot slimmer! My husband said we need a bigger dishwasher, but a bit of an expensive solution
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We find this with our slimline dishwasher - we have one set of dinner plates we rarely use as they stand too upright in the racks and the spinner thing catches on them!

I’d definitely have a full size one when we ever get the kitchen re-done. Our current one is integrated so have to stick with it for now.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We have the Halo range and the dinner plates are so tall we have a new dishwasher now that we can lift the top tier up a bit higher but we couldn't with the old one.

Do love them though 🙂
Old 16 Jan 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We have the Denby jet range in black for everyday but a full-size dishwasher . There are only 3 of us now so it’s not really an issue. The bowls I have to put upside down on the top rack as they don’t fit in the spaces provided .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have halo too and it bends the trays in my dish drawer, a bigger dishwasher won’t help you.
It’s a lovely set though and very hardwearing

Edited at 08:32 PM.
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

When we brought a new dishwasher a few years a go we took a plate of each size from our Denby range to try in several dishwashers at Currys !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
When we brought a new dishwasher a few years a go we took a plate of each size from our Denby range to try in several dishwashers at Currys !
Reminds me of the time we were buying a new car - we took the pram with us to see if it would fit easily in the boot!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
I was a store manager for curry’s for many years, you wouldn’t believe how many people would bring in thick slices of bread or even bagels etc and try them in the toasters
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Glad it’s just not me then. I’ve now got to get rid of my old set, seems a shame to throw it. Will have to save it until the charity shops open.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

We have a full size dishwasher and my Denby takes up a lot of room. The pasta bowls are a pest as the dont fit in any slots properly
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List