Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Oct 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Child Passport Renewal

Has anyone recently carried out a passport renewal online. I have started an application for one of my sons today and have been informed that I need someone to confirm the identification.

I have signed back in for instructions on how to do this and keep getting the message "sorry this service is unavailable" is it just a glitch in the system and should I keep trying?
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Princessb13
Proud to wear my Ears

I renewed my sons online and they asked for an email address for someone to confirm it, I gave them his schools email and the passport people emailed them and asked them to confirm it was him online, I think its at the end they will ask for this.
Princessb13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

We did a renewal for DD9 about 3 weeks ago. Probably need to keep trying as it worked fine for us. The confirmation has to come from a professional (accountant, police, teacher etc.) and you now provide their email address and the passport office (instantly) send them an email with instructions on how to confirm. The confirmation was done within 30 mins of us submitting the form.

The instructions will be clear but I think that your friend needs to provide parents' names and year of birth when they confirm, might be a couple of other things too.

Much easier than the old paper confirmations, you just need to let your friend know to expect an email.

You then have to send the old passport to them (always best to do recorded).

Good luck !

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I did my daughters renewal on Thursday. Think it must just be a problem with the website atm.
I uploaded her photo and filled everything out, paid and then I just needed to enter the email address of the person verifying the photo.

The person did it Thursday evening and I got a message to say it was complete and the address of where to send the old passport to.

Keep trying, it’s definitely a lot easier than having to get the back of photos signed.

Make sure you type in pex and the number. I copied and pasted from the text and said couldn’t find the application.

Edited at 04:26 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysam
Proud to wear my Ears

How long have passports been taking to come back? I did my daughters 1st passport about 3 weeks ago and her birth certificate has arrived (but not been returned yet) and her identity check has been completed but no sign of the passport…
AKL & Polynesian 2022, Explorers Lodge HKDL & Tokyo Disneyland Hotel 2019, AKL & Grand Floridian Club Level 2018, Grand Californian DL 2017, Poly & Beach Club 2016, AKL & AOA 2014, Coronado Springs Resort 2013, Port Orelans Riverside 1996, 2009, 2010, 2012, Pop Century Resort 2011 & WDW All Star Movies 2000
Disneysam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Has anyone recently carried out a passport renewal online. I have started an application for one of my sons today and have been informed that I need someone to confirm the identification.

I have signed back in for instructions on how to do this and keep getting the message "sorry this service is unavailable" is it just a glitch in the system and should I keep trying?
I think the website must be down. I had the same message last night but signed in at 3:30pm today and it was working. I'd just keep trying.
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneysam View Post
How long have passports been taking to come back? I did my daughters 1st passport about 3 weeks ago and her birth certificate has arrived (but not been returned yet) and her identity check has been completed but no sign of the passport…

Similar timelines here we're stuck on documents received since the 17/9.
Old 5 Oct 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

My dh had a meeting in Liverpool today so popped into passport office.
Apparently all documents received and it’s in the queue to be printed.. phew!
The lady said on average they’re taking 5-6 weeks for a child renewal right now.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Did you submit photos online? If so did you just take them on your mobile? I have DS and DD to renew this weekend
Old 13 Oct 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dangallimore View Post
Did you submit photos online? If so did you just take them on your mobile? I have DS and DD to renew this weekend
I did submit them online but I went and got them done properly at Max Spielmann as they check them instantly so I didn't have to worry about them being rejected.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List