Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Oct 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Those used to free dining, how many adrs are you doing next time?

So we’ve had free dining 4 of the 5 times we’ve been. Next year we have the dining credit and gift card which will cover a quick service meal pp per day and a snack or two each over our 10 nights. I’m still thinking of adrs but I don’t think we will be doing one every day as the prices are shocking without free ddp. We still want some as it’s part of our trip. I’ve narrowed my list down to 14 possibles() and have my list with potential pricing with tax and tip(you like how organised i am). I’ve now going to whittle this down to 5 maybe 6. Going to be tough.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I'm just doing the new things and a few faves. If they upped the dining credit a little or did it per person it would make it much more flexible. I don't actually eat much so sometimes it's a waste for me
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We will still likely be booking one per day. With little ones quite a few of them are breakfast and / or character orientated.

Will definitely also try couple of new things including Space220 and I also like the look of Steakhouse 71.

We have a list somewhere.

I wonder if they will go back to 180 days for ADRs
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Space 220 is on our list and a Cali Grill brunch.

Outside of that - no.

We have no wee ones. If we had, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey would be on the list.

Disney332
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I have Space 220 and Steakhouse 71 of the new ones on my list. Of course they happen to be the most expensive ones The kids are older so not too worried about character meals but will definitely do Tusker House as it's our favourite one and a tradition for us. I was hoping there would be news about the Toy Story BBQ place but that seems to have gone all quiet.

Edited at 09:32 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We are planning on doing 1 ADR per day (our favourites at Disney and then our favourites offsite like cheesecake factory)
Although I was originally gutted about the dining, me and Michael have spoken about how it will open up new possibilities of eating in new places that aren't at Disney. I'm actually looking at it as a positive now! We are usually so full from eating meals too that we can try so many snacks! 😍
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’d like to do Space 220 but other than that I’m not sure. If it was just my sister and I we probably wouldn’t make any others but my Mum prefers to have things like this decided in advance! I’m also not sure how happy she’ll be with QS every day. I’ll probably make a few but potentially change or cancel.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I never liked full DDP as it's too much TS for me, would usually book a lot of Signature meals to use up the credits faster. On QSDP, I would usually budget a bit extra for 1 or 2 TS meals at my favourites. Planning the same on dining credits.

For this upcoming trip which is OOP, currently have 1 ADR made. Wasn't originally planning any but can't turn down the Monte Cristo at the Plaza. Might do a couple lounge walk ups if I fancy them on the day, but have QS plans as backup.

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
I wonder if they will go back to 180 days for ADRs
Can't see this happening. Everything is moving towards less pre-planning required. Think 60 days is here to stay.

Edited at 09:46 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Not as many as before, absolutely no signatures and buffets are unlikely.

I paid oop once for tusker house when we did our Christmas trip and that hurt! 😂

We are only doing 8 nights so far I’ve picked somewhere in each place that we like and is not crazy priced.

AK - yak and yeti ( laundry’s card discount)

Hs - mama Melrose

Mk - skippers

Epcot (hardest to pick)!- nine dragons - love the food and we’ve paid oop twice before.

Disney springs - wine bar George - love the sharing board so it’s not covered by the dining plan anyway.

It’s hard, I love an adr for a break and cool down plus we are there over 4th July. Ds will be getting a personalised menu from me showing what he CAN order to keep his expensive dining plan tastes in check😂😂
Old 17 Oct 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I still need to eat and prefer TS restaurants so I need to make reservations, free dining or not. I hardly ever stick to the ADRs that I make weeks or months in advance though, I end up rebooking most on the day or the day before. But I am likely to have one ADR most days and could be any of breakfast lunch or dinner.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List