Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

BA Seats - Economy 777-200

Hello,

Have any of you sat in either the bulkhead seats (row 20) or the very last row with the twin seats?

I'm debating which would be best for a 6ft bloke with arthritis in knees. Bulkhead has more room but wondering how well he could straighten his leg due to the wall that's in front of the seats. Whereas the twin seats have the extra space as there are only 2 seats instead of 3.

Thanks 😊
lis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We have done row 20 a few times. I have to my point my toes to reach the wall, but I'm closer to 5' than 6.
I'm not sure if you'd be able to book row 20 though because the system normally blocks it off for infants.

I don't think the twin seats have any additional space. They're at the back of the plane where it gets narrower and they can't fit 10 across.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the info. We already have them booked due to disability but we can't have the window seat with the cot directly in front. I think we'll be best of sticking with this row then if there's not much room on the back twin ones.
lis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Here is a photo of 20A from last year. The arm rests don't move which means they're a bit narrower. I liked the extra leg room though and missed it last time when we were stuck in normal seats because the little one turned 2.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the pic. That looks amazing, I bet I could fit my cabin case there and use it as a foot stool.
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Racnoss
Earning More Ears

Hi, yes we have done both row 20 and back twin seats. I am 6.2 so of course I like legroom 😀. I would say go with row 20 as good enough legroom and also at front of economy (important on way out to reduce the very painful time in immigration at MCO). The twin seats at back do not have any extra legroom, however I did find one nice benefit - firstly if as couple very nice to just sit together with no stranger, but mostly as only 2 seats there is extra space on the aisle, this means you can stretch legs out full length down the aisle and still room for the service trolley to go past without hitting you 😀 so no disturbance at all. Big downside on way out is you are last off the plane, so at very back of immigration and probably adds maybe another 40-45 mins at security. We did on way back which was perfect and I slept nearly whole journey. Previous comment was correct on row 20 as the seats are not as wide by approx 1 inch, which my wife did not like very much. Hope this helps?
Racnoss is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

Thank you, yes that definitely helps. I'll stick with row 20 😊