Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Aug 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
Typically the sellers on the 100 point listings or less don't accept the low offers that maybe a 300 point owner at Saratoga Springs or Old Key West might accept so guessing you should be safe. But maybe you are the master negotiator and got a crazy low price on a 100 point listing. : )

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Haha not really a master negotiator $100 per point but with banked points with maintenance fees paid, if I manage to sell them in this saturated market it will hopefully work out more like $86 per point. I really wanted to find the right contract with your company but there wasn’t one at the time as I do appreciate the information and advice you freely offer to everyone on this forum. Thank you.
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Absolutely gutted as Disney exercised ROFR after an almost 6 week wait... Apparently one of 5 that they have exercised so feel very unlucky... Prices seem to have gone up again which I suppose is good for owners (trying to see the positives) but not for me trying to add on!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Absolutely gutted as Disney exercised ROFR after an almost 6 week wait... Apparently one of 5 that they have exercised so feel very unlucky... Prices seem to have gone up again which I suppose is good for owners (trying to see the positives) but not for me trying to add on!
Oh no. Sorry to hear that 😔
Old 10 Aug 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Bummer!
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Must be frustrating.

Mine was sent for ROFR this morning. I cannot afford to buy direct (the point quantities would not be worthwhile) so this contract could be the difference between us joining DVC or not. Of course I can try again but without an idea of Disneys criteria it's going to be a shot in the dark.

Let me join the flippin' club, Disney!
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Oh no that is bad luck, hopefully you’ll find another contract soon.
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We have had an offer accepted tonight so the wait begins again! Seems we were very unlucky with our timings but hopefully this one will happen 🤞🤞
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just read one small broker on Facebook saying ROFR has gone crazy with them having 9 contracts taken today alone !
Old 20 Aug 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just read one small broker on Facebook saying ROFR has gone crazy with them having 9 contracts taken today alone !
Urgh, I saw that too. Even a Vero Beach taken today!
Old 20 Aug 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Oh no! Typical especially as we’re just starting in the ROFR queue ☹️. I don’t think we’ll get our SSR resale contract through even if it is stripped until 2022. I agree that the VB ROFR is just strange! 🤷
In the current climate and with the rubbish direct “incentives” surely there isn’t a huge queue of people waiting and wanting to buy at direct prices?
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List