Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 20 Jun 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sallyn
Helping Donald

Mobile WDW annual pass - we can now cancel or an extra month extension

I have just seen an update on Disney. They are giving annual passholders an extra month on top of the time already added. Or you can cancel your pass for a refund.

I hadn’t seen this posted anywhere
sallyn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sallyn View Post
I have just seen an update on Disney. They are giving annual passholders an extra month on top of the time already added. Or you can cancel your pass for a refund.

I hadn’t seen this posted anywhere
This isn’t correct- you get an extension of 4 months as that’s how long the parks have been closed. Many of us on here have already got it. Think this may be old info?

Edit I’ve read it again- apologies- are they saying that because of the reservation system they’ll add another month on anyway to compensate? If so- good news, if they’ll add this onto any passes already extended and still live in October. That will take mine to May from December.

What’s the other alternative options below it mentions?

Edited at 08:42 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

OP good spot this. Wasn’t widely known. Alternative options are for pay monthly people.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
kazmik
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I’m still a bit confused. I can’t go this year, so even with the 4 months extension for the period closed and the extra month they’re giving, it’s no good for me. I need to take the partial refund option. But Is partial just the 4 months closure period or is it until the annual pass expires?

Kazmik
kazmik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I wonder what happens if the 4 month extension means your AP runs out part way through your visit? We are due to stay on site at the end of August (ever hopeful) but apparently this extra month extension won’t appear in MDE until October?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sallyn
Helping Donald

Mobile

Originally Posted by kazmik View Post
I’m still a bit confused. I can’t go this year, so even with the 4 months extension for the period closed and the extra month they’re giving, it’s no good for me. I need to take the partial refund option. But Is partial just the 4 months closure period or is it until the annual pass expires?
I believe it is from the date the park closed until the expiry of the pass
sallyn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kazmik View Post
With the new wording it seems that the refund option means cancelling the AP and getting a refund for the remainder of the pass.

I'm hoping this is correct, as this would be a much better option for me as I really don't think I am going to go to WDW this year... and with the new changes (no fireworks, no parades, reservation system, no park hopping) I'm not sure I want to travel all that way to deal with that...
Old 20 Jun 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Antone know how to contact Disney to cancel an annual pass, don't really want to call the USA from the UK, may prove to be very expensive'
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

So before they were saying you could have a refund of the days the park were closed, now they are saying they can cancel the pass and offer a partial refund

'Passholders who have paid in full may choose to cancel their annual pass and receive a partial refund.'

Assume this would work out more than just the days the pars were closed. Wonder how they would work it- maybe fro when the park was closed to the pass expiry?
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
Antone know how to contact Disney to cancel an annual pass, don't really want to call the USA from the UK, may prove to be very expensive'
There's a phone number provided but it's a USA number.

I've tried calling it twice in the last few days (using Skype) and both times I've been cut off by Skype after 60 minutes on hold. I'm disinclined to try again for the moment.

On the AP page of the WDW website it does say something along the lines like more details will be released in early July on how to choose which option happens with your AP (but it's a bit unclear to me about whether this applies to paid in full or paid monthly APs)...