Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Pretty much given up hope of going this year.
Buzz n' Piglet is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mandij39 View Post
Joining in. We are booked for November 9th, I'm trying to stay positive, I've already had my July holiday cancelled and praying that I can still go there in November.

What's concerning me atm is.. Even if they lift travel restrictions and allow us to fly to Orlando, there could possibly be a 14 day quarantine imposed onto us when we arrive into the US. And the same again when we arrive back to the UK. I'm going to sit tight for now and see what happens. At least our park tickets have been extended to end of September 2021
Likewise We are due to fly on the 7th of November and as you say what concerns us is that even if we are 'allowed' to go the prospect of having 14 day quarantine is a concern as we cannot cancel our holiday on that basis for a refund, but it will be a pain when returning home, and / or if a quarantine is imposed when we are away which again will screw things up. All a bit of a pain unless you basically say that you're not going and switch off to the idea
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

I'm hoping you guys all get to go, because if you can, My January trip is more likely to happen. Fingers crossed.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Well that’s our flights cancelled me November 2 and DH November 4th Glasgow Heathrow MCO
I was Glasgow Gatwick Tampa on the second changed to Heathrow MCO connection
End of last week
So it looks like 3weeks in March and Late July /August next year and then November/December
Gutted to say the least
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I had two lots of September flights cancelled so moved one to Nov 28th. It hasn't been cancelled yet - I've gone with Heathrow/Miami. Who knows what will happen, we're not planning any park visits so it'll just be some much needed R&R and festive shopping IF we do get to go.
We've got a backup plan for early Feb and another for early May.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Have had my flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh on November 19th cancelled this morning. Delighted as there was no chance we were going to US this year now.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Likewise We are due to fly on the 7th of November and as you say what concerns us is that even if we are 'allowed' to go the prospect of having 14 day quarantine is a concern as we cannot cancel our holiday on that basis for a refund, but it will be a pain when returning home, and / or if a quarantine is imposed when we are away which again will screw things up. All a bit of a pain unless you basically say that you're not going and switch off to the idea
This is what annoys me. If Johnson makes everyone quarantine after their holiday who pays your loss of earnings?
I know it is not the travel companies fault and you can't get a refund due to the quarantine ruling but surely the government should compensate people for this.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Hayzee
Excited about Disney

Cancelled my trip for 2nd November. What's the point, can't get 14 day pass, can only book for three days, if I had one, as staying offsite. I'm gutted, daughter ( 27) in tears, but don't feel we have any choice. Not spending a fortune to get there and find that there are so many restrictions, you don't get the full Disney experience as previous trips. Cutting my losses, hoping BA will cancel flight so I get my deposit back. Rebooking AirBnB for next year, going to Turkey instead.
Hayzee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kaysha
Earning My Ears

Hoping BA will cancel our flights too, Oct 31st Gatwick to Tampa. All hope is lost of us getting there now.
Kaysha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

I paid my hotel balance to Virgin Holidays today after days of wondering what to do.
BA flight and car not due til 15/10 but I am convinced Trump won’t change anything before the election so in all honesty I can’t see us in Florida this year