Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Jul 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
No email received here, although I never receive AP emails so didn't expect to get one! Would rather cancel online or via email as I don't fancy calling the passholder line and being on hold, especially from the UK!
We use a 0330 number which is charged at your providers rate. This means it can be free on some tariffs including mobiles.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

In case it helps anybody else, I’ve just spoken to the AP department using 08000850582.

I called at about 12:05 and was on hold for 45 minutes.

All sorted now and had email confirmation of the cancellation.

Now to wait and see how much they actually refund.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I can't remember if I posted in here or on another thread - but I am another international AP who wanted to get a refund for the AP since it is extremely unlikely I can make use of the remainder of it.

After 2 attempts at calling them (on hold for 60 minutes then cut out, both times were Skype so I suspect it was some Skype limit), I emailed them explaining that it was very difficult for me to call them and stay on hold for such a long time when calling internationally.

They replied back saying that as an exception that would process the refund request for me via email, I provided the details the requested, and they emailed back to say that the refund request has been submitted and will be processed soon.

This however was back in late June/early July, so I'm not sure where in the process the whole request/refund thing is! I have yet to receive any refund back to my card... (this was an AP upgraded from a MYW ticket, but I'm fairly sure I paid for both the MYW ticket and the AP upgrade using the same credit card as that is the one I usually use for holidays etc.)

Anyway, just to say that email seems a potential alternative to calling especially if wait times are insanely long. They did take a while to reply to my emails though but I guess they are probably pretty swamped these days as well!
Old 17 Jul 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

When you call the System asks you what you are calling for, try and be clear and say the word 'passholder ' so something like 'annual passholder cancel' It should then put you through to the right place. If ti replys with something like reservtions or anything that does not say passholder then it's transfering you to the wrong department and whoever you get through too will only have to transfer you - so you are probably better off hanging up and trying again.

I become an expert on this after calling 6 times haha
Old 20 Jul 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Just to update - used the number option (03301173872 and then 0014079397277) at around 12:15ish today. Went thought requested to listen to options and the more options before selecting "something else" went straight through to someone who transferred me but then was picked up within 10 minutes and all cancelled within 15. Really nice and easy in the end and didn't have the hour long wait I was expecting. They have to confirm twice you are happy with cancelling as there is no way to change your mind once actioned. Also confirmed that I should be refunded the amount from the 11th July to the expiry date on my account (the only issue being I've had the extra month added this week for some reason but I'm happy with either as a refund as its approx the amount I paid to upgrade from my 14 day ticket)
Old 20 Jul 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Lots of talk online that refunds will be based on how many times you used your pass to work out what pass would have been better value.

That seems really wrong to me as our pass entitles us to use it everyday. Also those that pay monthly had their payments stopped for the period of closure.

I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on if that’s how they work out the refunds.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I don't see how these rumours can be true though as the statement online clearly states "number of days left". I've taken a screen print just in case but looking at it if they go by numbers of days I'm actually better off I just don't think they can do. There's way too many variables and it would mean doing each pass separately which would take too much man power. Currently all they have to do is actually refund the remaining days. They would need to look at did people park hop, did they use the water parks, which days did they visit (as costs on US tickets are based on start dates) etc and that isn't something easy to set up a system to analysis. The partial refunds for the closed period have been refunded as a direct AP price dividied by 365 times 117 (number of days the park was closed) so I don't see why they would change this for those people who want the cancellation.

Edited at 09:26 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

I’m a bit confused. Are annual passholders only being refunded from the 11th of aug and not from park closing in March?
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Passes were already extended for the period of closure and the refund for any cancellation will be up to the new expiry date.
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by timnlaura View Post
I’m a bit confused. Are annual passholders only being refunded from the 11th of aug and not from park closing in March?
So they are being refunded from the 11th July to the current expiry date. All AP's paid in full were extended by the 117 days the park was closed already (and some have had another month extension added already too) so the new expiry date is the date they cancelled through. The 11th August is the date you have to make your decision to cancel by otherwise you wont get the refund.

So for my pass original expiry was 12th September 2020, new expiry was 6th January 2021 and now it says 6th February 2021. I'm expecting the refund to cover the date from the 11th July to the 6th Jan but if they push it through to the 6th Feb then that's a bonus.