Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Maret
Earning More Ears

Glasgow to Orlando

Just put my dates in for next October flying with virgin there is no such flight available, if I put in other dates that everyone has been mentioning either the 13 nights leaving on a Saturday or go for 17 nights there is availability, I wander if these dates are now official? We have booked for 15nts, the 17 nts is not an option as have work & daughters have college/school etc... so looks like cutting my holiday to 13 nts & having to rearrange villa & hard rock hotel, or I need to fly to London to get keep my dates as they stand, Do virgin Pay for the added expense to get to us to London as we stay in Inverness?
Maret is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it’s probably still too early to know for sure if those days are definite.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Frange
Proud to wear my Ears

I’m in a very similar position at the moment. Current virgin flights booked for 2021 are Fri 18/6 - Sat 3/7.
But departure & return dates from Glasgow are clearly changing. I should hopefully find out this week what they are changing my outbound flight to as I’m nearly at 331 days out.
From what I’ve read from other people’s experiences so far, VH are just automatically changing departure dates and even moving people from direct to indirect without any notification.
I’ve tried to contact VH on various different platforms to get some information but had zero replies.
I had a villa booked for my current dates but had to cancel until I can confirm my new travel dates.
The problem is, if they automatically change my dates and even airports and I’m not happy with the changes, I don’t know how I’m going to contact VH to discuss it!
They are simply not wanting to talk to you if you are not due to travel within the next 2 weeks, which is just utterly ridiculous.
They have my money and are making major changes but don’t even have the courtesy to respond to me.
It really is a mess and definitely the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.
Windsor At Westside July 2017
Grand Floridian/ Windsor Hills 2024
Frange is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobmouse
Earning More Ears

i am also flying with Virgin and to keep my holiday flying back on a Saturday they have put me on Orlando to New York then New York to Glasgow for the return.

Hope this helps
Bobmouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Mines has changed for September next year as well. I’m hoping to cancel when it becomes official and get my deposit back
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Maret
Earning More Ears

Thanks for replies, I really don’t want to go indirect, just wish they would confirm as would like to be able to have a choice!
Maret is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Maret View Post
Thanks for replies, I really don’t want to go indirect, just wish they would confirm as would like to be able to have a choice!
I’m exactly the same. If I wanted to go for 13 nights I would’ve booked 13 nights and the same with indirect. Only got 100 days to find out lol 😂
Old 19 Jul 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Frange
Proud to wear my Ears

They no longer fly out on a Friday and back on a Saturday so they will have to either put me on 2 indirect flights to keep my current dates or they will change both my departure & return dates making it either a 13, 16 or 17 day duration!

No matter what happens, am I right in saying that all these options are major changes and gives me the right to cancel with full refund?
Frange is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Frange View Post
I’m in a very similar position at the moment. Current virgin flights booked for 2021 are Fri 18/6 - Sat 3/7.
But departure & return dates from Glasgow are clearly changing. I should hopefully find out this week what they are changing my outbound flight to as I’m nearly at 331 days out.
From what I’ve read from other people’s experiences so far, VH are just automatically changing departure dates and even moving people from direct to indirect without any notification.
I’ve tried to contact VH on various different platforms to get some information but had zero replies.
I had a villa booked for my current dates but had to cancel until I can confirm my new travel dates.
The problem is, if they automatically change my dates and even airports and I’m not happy with the changes, I don’t know how I’m going to contact VH to discuss it!
They are simply not wanting to talk to you if you are not due to travel within the next 2 weeks, which is just utterly ridiculous.
They have my money and are making major changes but don’t even have the courtesy to respond to me.
It really is a mess and definitely the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.
Similar dates to me, but I saw these threads and so emailed the agent who rebooked me and said I want a chat about it.

I’m not happy to be paying direct prices and then have to come home a day early or be indirect one leg.

On top of that still being charged for QSDP though they’ve been cancelled for the future... and my current hotel isn’t actually taking bookings.

😯
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Frange
Proud to wear my Ears

So... my 331 days out was Wednesday for my outbound flight but my itinerary on VH still shows my flights as Fri 18/6 to Sat 3/7 even though these flights don’t exist anymore!
I had hoped they would make some kind of automatic alteration even if they didn’t contact me. But nope!
Do I need to wait until my inbound flight is at 331 days then they will amend both flights?
I tried once again to contact VH today but it is literally impossible unless you fly within the next 21 days.
My problem is that I have a villa owner holding a villa for me waiting until I can confirm my new dates!
This is driving me crazy!