Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Help me decide what month to go

We usually go September love the low crowds, but the humidity has been too much with my COPD husband and I have ME. We want to go when it hopefully, does not get hotter than 80deg and the crowds are low to moderate, I don’t want to have start wearing jumpers and cardigans in the evening as I love it to be warm enough in the evening. I understand I’m so fussy, but any help I’m so grateful and I understand I can’t have everything, but really would love help and your opinions.
Old 8 Aug 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

probably mid November weather wise although unsure of the crowds otherwise February would prob be best although the weather then can be iffey... In your shoes i would probably choose February..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I would say November .You would get to see the Xmas decorations too.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
I love end October start November, you get to see Halloween and Christmas and weather crowds really good 👍

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

We were there til 12th November one year and I loved it but the weather went very cold on our last night. We were on a boat on the lake at Epcot and it was sooo cold. People were walking into the Yacht Club lobby in coats. We usually always go in summer so it was strange to see coats. Other than that blip the weather is generally perfect that time of year and the decoarations are great.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

We also find September perfect touring time.

We have been in November and January and both were too cold for us. We have ruled out mid-Nov to end of Jan except for maybe a one-off Christmas trip.

I've seen a lot of vlogs of February which always gets good reviews but I think you still need a jumper in the evening.

Have you considered May? We found it a little busier than September but less rain, slightly longer days and the bonus of the Flower & Garden Festival to replace Food & Wine.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I’ve only been once, in November. I can’t remember much about it (30 years ago!) but in all the pictures I’m wearing t-shirt and shorts, or happily walking around Wet’n’Wild in a swimsuit, so it must have been warm. I do remember it raining every afternoon, and being pleased that it was warm rain! And I remember seeing Christmas decorations and thinking how wrong it seemed in the heat.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

We don’t like the humidity either, November is a really nice time to go weather wise imo. It can be a bit hit and miss but when we went it was around 70-77 during the day and drops a bit in the evening. It’s so much nicer walking around the parks in cooler weather and also it barely rains that time of year. We went during thanksgiving and the crowds were the biggest I’ve seen so I would avoid that week. I’ve heard the first week of December is good for low crowds 😊
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Been May and through to December on various holidays. November the favourite as nice and warm during day but jumper weather at night, still wear shorts though. Disney at xmas is a magical time
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List