Old 12 Jul 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by holidaysRcoming View Post
Just got round to finishing. Really enjoyed reading all your reviews. I hope you are all back home now

Thanks for reading

Unfortunately our building works have turned into a nightmare and we are still at my mother-in-law’s six weeks on.

We have had massive issues with our builders and last week our stairs finally got put in after a massive delay only for us to find out they were wrong and they were still fitted anyway leaving us with big issues.

Building Inspectors came yesterday and they said they weren’t legal and they are now in the process of checking our steels in the loft as they are concerned they haven’t been done correctly. Basically we are at our wits end with it at all! Some of these works are home adaptions for Evie so we working with companies that had to fire the man in charge because of his incompetence. We may end having to go probably a legal route. It’s so depressing We get a building inspector report on Thursday. Best out come another month
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysRcoming
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thanks for reading

Unfortunately our building works have turned into a nightmare and we are still at my mother-in-law’s six weeks on.

We have had massive issues with our builders and last week our stairs finally got put in after a massive delay only for us to find out they were wrong and they were still fitted anyway leaving us with big issues.

Building Inspectors came yesterday and they said they weren’t legal and they are now in the process of checking our steels in the loft as they are concerned they haven’t been done correctly. Basically we are at our wits end with it at all! Some of these works are home adaptions for Evie so we working with companies that had to fire the man in charge because of his incompetence. We may end having to go probably a legal route. It’s so depressing We get a building inspector report on Thursday. Best out come another month
I hope you get it sorted soon
holidaysRcoming is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by holidaysRcoming View Post
I hope you get it sorted soon
Thank you unfortunately it’s become a bit stressful
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
sorry to hear about your builder nightmares and hope it gets fixed soon, never nice but especially not after returning from a dream holiday
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to do such a great report again, you’ve given me lots of ideas for my offsite trip as it’s been a few years since staying off the 192.
I hope you get sorted quickly with your building work without too much more hassle.
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
sorry to hear about your builder nightmares and hope it gets fixed soon, never nice but especially not after returning from a dream holiday
Thank you. Its been a nightmare. We still have stuff in our luggage from holiday we haven't been able to look at yet It seems a long time ago now.

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do such a great report again, you’ve given me lots of ideas for my offsite trip as it’s been a few years since staying off the 192.
I hope you get sorted quickly with your building work without too much more hassle.
Thank you for reading

Big issue with offsite is too much choice!
Old 20 Jul 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed your report as always. See you in 2021.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed your report as always. See you in 2021.
Thanks for reading
Old 4 Aug 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
A little update. So after arriving home June 1st and expecting to go home to a house that had most of the building work planned done to it we are finally able to go home August 12! These last 8/9 weeks have been horrendous. All the work has been done to create an easier place for Evie to live in. An incompetent surveyor assigned to us especially is largely to blame and we've had a million issues ranging from the wrong staircase being installed, builders not getting paid by bosses and downing tools. Poor Kelly even got shouted at in the street by an irate builder hired from our neighbors to fix a problem they falsely tried to blame on our scaffolding. This made my blood boil more than anything ever! We've been cramped up at my in laws which has been stressful to say the least. We probably have got on each other's nerves but I can't blame the in laws as they've been brilliant putting up with all of us. I don't know what we would have done if they hadn't have moved closer to us a few years ago. Thankfully they are in the final week of work, if they all turn up! Carpets are being fitted on the 12th of August and then we are back in ASAP!

Unfortunately the holiday we returned from seems a long time ago and things that normally you remember and look back on are hard to remember.

Only one thing we can do do and that's go back again in 2021! Here's hoping!

Edited at 06:43 AM.
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Hope the next week or so goes smoothly and quickly.
Once you are settled back home it will all be worth it.