Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 11 Jul 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

How disappointing for you all. I know rides have technical issues but you cant help being disappointed when a headline ride (or three) goes tech.
The crowds and the heat wont have helped. I think that would try anybodys patience!
We are all coaster fans, so would like to give Busch a go. Im not too hopeful for a low crowd day though, especially as we are restricted to August.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A rendezvous with DLP
Unread 11 Jul 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Nothing worse than when rides go down and you have built up a bit of time to enjoy them on your own
Love your photos of the giraffe experience and think you did well to avoid the hard sell on buying their package.
We can never eat all the main courses at Millers, so to see appetizers too is a challenge we need to try!

Love your Caddyshack description of the pool
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going out in a Blaze of Glory.
Unread 12 Jul 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
How disappointing for you all. I know rides have technical issues but you cant help being disappointed when a headline ride (or three) goes tech.
The crowds and the heat wont have helped. I think that would try anybodys patience!
We are all coaster fans, so would like to give Busch a go. Im not too hopeful for a low crowd day though, especially as we are restricted to August.
I just get frustrated by all the reports I read saying its dead

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Nothing worse than when rides go down and you have built up a bit of time to enjoy them on your own
Love your photos of the giraffe experience and think you did well to avoid the hard sell on buying their package.
We can never eat all the main courses at Millers, so to see appetizers too is a challenge we need to try!

Love your Caddyshack description of the pool
Thank you We didnt find them to pushy about photos surprisingly.

We always find the appetisers to appealing to not get any
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WE ARE GOING BACK, NO MATTER WHAT!
Unread 12 Jul 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

First of all, loving your trip reports!

We had a very similar experience at BG last May, the number of South American tour groups was crazy and they were just so rude. Huge congregations of them in areas near rides, loud music and group dances too, very "in your face" and inconsiderate.

That aside, BG are there to make money so cant complain about them taking their money which is as good as ours but the rides, or lack of them, rattled me. Cobras curse was on maintenance, it only opened the year before and had tech issues then and so many other headliners were down or on maintenance. I read at the time of someone who had similar issues and complained, I did the same and got 3 single day passes and 3 fast passes for Cobras Curse. Much appreciated but had they not done this we wouldn't have returned, it was a dreadful day in all.

Were going back in September to give the place another go, I honestly believe May's best avoided simply because of the tour groups but we've had some great days there at different times of the year. Write to them and express your disappointment, cant hurt.
Sheraton VV 2003, DLRP 2004, Villa 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf coast & HRH 2007, Villa, PBH & HRH 2008, Reunion & RPR 2009, NYC & Villa 2011, Villa/PBH 2013, NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH & NYC July 2014, Indian Creek Villa 2014, Keys & Indian Creek Villa 2015, Rolling Hills, AMI & PBH 2016, DLRP 2017 AMI & Villa August 2017, HRH, AMI & Keys May 2018, FLL & The Keys Sep 2018, Orlando & Keys Sept 2019
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to The Keys & Orlando
Unread 13 Jul 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
First of all, loving your trip reports!

We had a very similar experience at BG last May, the number of South American tour groups was crazy and they were just so rude. Huge congregations of them in areas near rides, loud music and group dances too, very "in your face" and inconsiderate.

That aside, BG are there to make money so cant complain about them taking their money which is as good as ours but the rides, or lack of them, rattled me. Cobras curse was on maintenance, it only opened the year before and had tech issues then and so many other headliners were down or on maintenance. I read at the time of someone who had similar issues and complained, I did the same and got 3 single day passes and 3 fast passes for Cobras Curse. Much appreciated but had they not done this we wouldn't have returned, it was a dreadful day in all.

Were going back in September to give the place another go, I honestly believe May's best avoided simply because of the tour groups but we've had some great days there at different times of the year. Write to them and express your disappointment, cant hurt.
Thanks for reading. I did contact them and they made apologies but not much else. Im getting that impression that May is no good for Seaworld it Busch Gardens. Youd think wed learn after 4 trips
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WE ARE GOING BACK, NO MATTER WHAT!
Unread Today, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ronnieroobs
Having Dinner with Goofy

It sounds like a frustrating day. The giraffes looked fun though!
ronnieroobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote