Old 12 Jul 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
How disappointing for you all. I know rides have technical issues but you can’t help being disappointed when a headline ride (or three) goes tech.
The crowds and the heat won’t have helped. I think that would try anybody’s patience!
We are all coaster fans, so would like to give Busch a go. I’m not too hopeful for a low crowd day though, especially as we are restricted to August.
I just get frustrated by all the reports I read saying it’s dead

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Nothing worse than when rides go down and you have built up a bit of time to enjoy them on your own
Love your photos of the giraffe experience and think you did well to avoid the hard sell on buying their package.
We can never eat all the main courses at Millers, so to see appetizers too is a challenge we need to try!

Love your Caddyshack description of the pool
Thank you We didn’t find them to pushy about photos surprisingly.

We always find the appetisers to appealing to not get any
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

First of all, loving your trip reports!

We had a very similar experience at BG last May, the number of South American tour groups was crazy and they were just so rude. Huge congregations of them in areas near rides, loud music and group dances too, very "in your face" and inconsiderate.

That aside, BG are there to make money so cant complain about them taking their money which is as good as ours but the rides, or lack of them, rattled me. Cobras curse was on maintenance, it only opened the year before and had tech issues then and so many other headliners were down or on maintenance. I read at the time of someone who had similar issues and complained, I did the same and got 3 single day passes and 3 fast passes for Cobras Curse. Much appreciated but had they not done this we wouldn't have returned, it was a dreadful day in all.

Were going back in September to give the place another go, I honestly believe May's best avoided simply because of the tour groups but we've had some great days there at different times of the year. Write to them and express your disappointment, cant hurt.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
First of all, loving your trip reports!

We had a very similar experience at BG last May, the number of South American tour groups was crazy and they were just so rude. Huge congregations of them in areas near rides, loud music and group dances too, very "in your face" and inconsiderate.

That aside, BG are there to make money so cant complain about them taking their money which is as good as ours but the rides, or lack of them, rattled me. Cobras curse was on maintenance, it only opened the year before and had tech issues then and so many other headliners were down or on maintenance. I read at the time of someone who had similar issues and complained, I did the same and got 3 single day passes and 3 fast passes for Cobras Curse. Much appreciated but had they not done this we wouldn't have returned, it was a dreadful day in all.

Were going back in September to give the place another go, I honestly believe May's best avoided simply because of the tour groups but we've had some great days there at different times of the year. Write to them and express your disappointment, cant hurt.
Thanks for reading. I did contact them and they made apologies but not much else. I’m getting that impression that May is no good for Seaworld it Busch Gardens. You’d think we’d learn after 4 trips
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ronnieroobs
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

It sounds like a frustrating day. The giraffes looked fun though!
ronnieroobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by ronnieroobs View Post
It sounds like a frustrating day. The giraffes looked fun though!
That bit probably turned out to be the best bit of the day
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Shame about Busch Gardens. Hopefully the days to come will be better.
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Shame about Busch Gardens. Hopefully the days to come will be better.
They are Thanks for reading
Old 4 Sep 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So glad the girls enjoyed Cheetah even though they didn’t expect to go upside down

We struggled with hoards of school kids in Universal. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were considerate but a lot of the time we found them very rude and they’d just push past

Fab that the girls enjoyed Scorpion, that was Noah’s first upside down rollercoaster in May and he absolutely loved it too.

Such a shame you didn’t manage to ride Tigris, especially when you aren’t planning to go back either. Sounds like a busy, stressful day at Busch Gardens.

We struggled with Millers, I just couldn’t get away with it. The beef looks so fatty too, I loved the French dip at BoG also. Do you think maybe the bad day and hangry feeling affected the judgement of Millers?

Definitely not the best day at all, I really hope tomorrow improves x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So glad the girls enjoyed Cheetah even though they didn’t expect to go upside down

We struggled with hoards of school kids in Universal. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were considerate but a lot of the time we found them very rude and they’d just push past

Fab that the girls enjoyed Scorpion, that was Noah’s first upside down rollercoaster in May and he absolutely loved it too.

Such a shame you didn’t manage to ride Tigris, especially when you aren’t planning to go back either. Sounds like a busy, stressful day at Busch Gardens.

We struggled with Millers, I just couldn’t get away with it. The beef looks so fatty too, I loved the French dip at BoG also. Do you think maybe the bad day and hangry feeling affected the judgement of Millers?

Definitely not the best day at all, I really hope tomorrow improves x
Possibly in regards to Millers. We’ve been before and it was better. I was really annoyed about our day at Busch Gardens. It will be a long time before we go again.
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

A bit of a frustrating day. Still, better to have a frustrating day in Florida than back home haha.

We have only done Busch once and to be honest we weren't blown away with it. Such a shame as it could be fantastic there.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List