Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
Mr__Incredible
Helping Mickey
 
Join Date: Apr 14
Las Vegas Airport to Strip - Limo or UberXL

On our road trip starting in Vegas we are not going to pick our hire car up until we leave Vegas, therefore we need to get a car from the airport to our hotel.

We are a family of 5 (with 4 bags) and I'm not convinced all the UberXL's or SUVs I've had would take us all. Alternative is to get a walk up Limo, or take 2 Ubers if the first one that arrives can't take us all.

Any experience / recommendations for a family of 5?

Thanks!
Mr__Incredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Back to Disney
Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
meboo
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 09
Mobile

Canít comment on limo but two Ubers would be fine. Itís no distance from the airport to the strip, so quite cheap. Also consider Lyft (rival to Uber but v popular). There are lots of discount offers available if you have a look online, if not, your likely to get handed a discount card on the strip
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
DLP
Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
Minicooper
Imagineer
 
Minicooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 07
We got a taxi from the airport to our hotel as we were worried about the luggage (family of 4 with 4 cases and hand luggage). The guy at the airport just called a larger taxi forward so we could fit our luggage in. Our friends got a UBER as they only had hand luggage it would have cost more for 2 ubers over 1 taxi.
__________________
Minicooper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Possibly 2020
Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
Mr__Incredible
Thread Starter
Helping Mickey
 
Join Date: Apr 14
Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
We got a taxi from the airport to our hotel as we were worried about the luggage (family of 4 with 4 cases and hand luggage). The guy at the airport just called a larger taxi forward so we could fit our luggage in. Our friends got a UBER as they only had hand luggage it would have cost more for 2 ubers over 1 taxi.
Sounds like an option for us. Was there a big line for a Taxi and do you recall how much it cost?
Mr__Incredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Back to Disney
Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
10minuteman
I have Ears
 
10minuteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 14
That's exactly why I hire limos. I have long forgotten taxis. People now have more options than ever before when they need to get to their destinations. You should really consider hiring a limousine company. Last time I hired a limo was last month from xl-limony/ who were really pleasant to deal with. A huge issue with ride-sharing apps is that anyone can become a driver. When you rent your vehicle from a professional company, you can be confident the person driving you has passed a comprehensive background and drug test. With better oversight, you can be more confident you will get better customer service, so every aspect of your trip is incredible.
10minuteman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
KarenG
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 04
Mobile

Originally Posted by 10minuteman View Post
That's exactly why I hire limos. I have long forgotten taxis. People now have more options than ever before when they need to get to their destinations. You should really consider hiring a limousine company. Last time I hired a limo was last month from xl-limony/ who were really pleasant to deal with. A huge issue with ride-sharing apps is that anyone can become a driver. When you rent your vehicle from a professional company, you can be confident the person driving you has passed a comprehensive background and drug test. With better oversight, you can be more confident you will get better customer service, so every aspect of your trip is incredible.
I looked into a limo transfer and it was exponentially higher than Uber?

I found the Uber experience in Vegas really good both from a cost perspective and how personable the drivers were. I like that I can see previous reviews. I thought Uber drivers get de-selected (Ďsackedí) if their scores fell below a certain level.
__________________
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
New Orleans!
Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
cartoonp
Joker in the pack
 
cartoonp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 09
Location: Norfolk

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We use bell travel cheap and cheerful never fails
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Cardiff liverpool london
Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
JoS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 06
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I looked into a limo transfer and it was exponentially higher than Uber?

I found the Uber experience in Vegas really good both from a cost perspective and how personable the drivers were. I like that I can see previous reviews. I thought Uber drivers get de-selected (Ďsackedí) if their scores fell below a certain level.
Agree 100% about Uber. Having used it numerous times over lots of trips cant say I have one single complaint.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JoS is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
back to Vegas
Reply With Quote
Old 1 Aug 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
#9
400ixl
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 12
Mobile

Uber or Lyft. You can often get codes for Lyft to make it cheaper.
400ixl is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Back to the West Coast
Reply With Quote
Reply
Buy and Sell DVC

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Discount Florida Car Hire

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Pandora
On 30th May 2020
Disney has released a video celebrating the third anniversary of Pandora: The World of Avatar... Read More »
Posted in Universal Studios
On 29th May 2020
As part of the phased reopening after the covid-19 shutdown, Universal Orlando has announced that... Read More »
Posted in Disney News
On 29th May 2020
Disney recently announced its planned opening dates for Walt Disney World, now Disney has announced... Read More »


theDIBB Menu

KLOOK

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2131
Covent Garden FX  $1.2097
M&S  $1.2002
Sainsburys  $1.2063
TESCO  $1.1897
Travelex  $1.2028
Updated: 16:00 30/05/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits...

Upgrade Now


Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0909
Covent Garden FX  €1.0893
M&S  €1.0785
Sainsburys  €1.0856
TESCO  €1.0700
Travelex  €1.0838
Updated: 16:00 30/05/2020