Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jul 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
We went to ABC tonight. Had an ADR booked.
There’s no cordoned off area, it’s a free for all with the seats that are available.

Most people in front of me in the queue to ‘check in’ at the podium didn’t have reservations and were still allowed in, they ordered in the same way and sat where they wanted, so I’m really not sure what the point of having an ADR is.

Tables were dirty when we arrived - we had to clean our own.

Food was fine, but we won’t be going back in the evening. We had another ADR booked for Sunday but have cancelled it. 🙁
That’s disappointing. I think I may cancel our ADR and eat at Backlot Express as usual.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
GlenWa73
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

What exactly are we reserving then?!
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep im also thinking i might cancel as that sounds very chaotic
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
GlenWa73
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
We went to ABC tonight. Had an ADR booked.
There’s no cordoned off area, it’s a free for all with the seats that are available.

Most people in front of me in the queue to ‘check in’ at the podium didn’t have reservations and were still allowed in, they ordered in the same way and sat where they wanted, so I’m really not sure what the point of having an ADR is.

Tables were dirty when we arrived - we had to clean our own.

Food was fine, but we won’t be going back in the evening. We had another ADR booked for Sunday but have cancelled it. 🙁
Do you think it might have helped if you had done a mobile food order?!

Mind you, that probably helps whether you reserve or not... ergh
Old 13 Jul 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t think you can do mobile ordering for dinner at ABC.
I’ll do a little review of it when I get home. I took a few photos.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

It’s frustrating that Disney are doing this now, I don’t want to make reservations for a quick service meal that’s the point of having the quick serve dining plan not being tied to ADRs 😕 .
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

I think i may cancel our ADR. I only booked it because I thought it might be good to have something planned but there are enough places in Hollywood Studios to grab dinner. Woody's lunchbox may be our option especially with mobile ordering.
Bellesdream is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

We ate at abc commissionary last week and didn't have a booking, just walked up to the queue and ordered, was given a pager to put on the table which we chose so that the food could find us! Lovely meal, couple of nice alcoholic drink choices, nice carpeted air con room, will definitely eat here again.

Edited at 05:42 PM.
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

We kept our ABC reservation in the end and ate there last night. I’m glad I kept it. Admittedly when I arrived they asked how many I wanted a table for. It was fast to order what we wanted, not problem finding a table which were all clean. Our meals came quite quickly. ABC was only about half full and was great to sit in the air con and get away from the crowds for a bit.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m going to cancel our reservation I think. We’re not that keen on the menu but the options are just so limited at HS... I don’t think we will be having a QS there at all, Jack’s Cookie Num Nums to the rescue!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List