Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Beyond the Parks
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 12 Jul 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
How does kelly park compare to wekiwa park? I have that one pencilled in but not been to Esther and wondering if anyone can compare?
For us Kelly park is much better. Wekiwa has no tubing like Kelly Springs, it's more a swimming sunbathing day.
Kelly park is the same but with the addition of the lazy river
Simon & Suzann is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Too good a deal (again) to resist!
Unread 12 Jul 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tiger431 View Post
Rainbow river without a doubt.

Totally natural a can take 4-5 hours depending on river flow.
We want to do Rainbow river but each time we start to plan it and then see the costs and times (a good 2 hour drive) to get there we always default back to Kelly park.

$17 per person without a tube included just to tube at Rainbow (KP Hole is $10 without tube hire and $7 each transport ), when there's a few of you going it gets very costly V's Kelly park at $5 total.
Simon & Suzann is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 12 Jul 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
For us Kelly park is much better. Wekiwa has no tubing like Kelly Springs, it's more a swimming sunbathing day.
Kelly park is the same but with the addition of the lazy river
Thanks Simon & Suzann. What age would you say the tubing at Kelly Park is suitable for? I have a 14 year old and 11 year old plus a 5 year old. Is it possible the 5 year old could go on my knee tubing?
Also the cost as I got. Bit confused by the coating between that and rainbow. Is it $5 total at Kelly Park plus just the cost of your tube hire if you dont have them?
Unread 12 Jul 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

What do people do for phones/keys/wallet etc whilst tubing? Were thinking of doing this 1 or 2 days soon.
toonarmani is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We weren't supposed to be going... :o)
Unread 12 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Very Serious Dibber

What are the risk of alligators?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando give or take a few days!
Unread 12 Jul 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
What are the risk of alligators?
Theyre not allowed in with tubes
toonarmani is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We weren't supposed to be going... :o)
Unread 12 Jul 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Theyre not allowed in with tubes
That made me laugh! I must admit though the gators are a bit of a worry! If they can get in splash mountain they can certainly get in the springs.
Unread 12 Jul 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Thanks Simon & Suzann. What age would you say the tubing at Kelly Park is suitable for? I have a 14 year old and 11 year old plus a 5 year old. Is it possible the 5 year old could go on my knee tubing?
Also the cost as I got. Bit confused by the coating between that and rainbow. Is it $5 total at Kelly Park plus just the cost of your tube hire if you dont have them?
The kids will love it there. There is the tubing plus a sort of chill pool area where the tubing goes into. This would be ideal for you all to laze out and safe for the 5 yr old (there is a deep bit about 4 foot but you easily avoid this area). If you get there early enough you will also see loads of wildlife.

Kelly Park is $5 per car.

Tubes you have 2 options:
1. You hire tubes from outside which is extra and i don't know the price as we never hire them but i would guess they are about $5 each. Just be warned though that you have to get the inflated tubes from where you hire them into the park which can be a nightmare
2. We always buy them from Walmart and a cheap handpump for a few dollars which blows them up in literally a few minutes. If you are going to the beach or use them in pool then buying them is probably your best bet.

You can also take cooler boxes in with drinks and food to save a few dollars. You can get cheap white polystyrene type ones from Walmart for about $4.

Yes the 5yr old could sit on your lap no problem. There is an easy walk in shallow get in the ring spot at the top. There are small stones there though (imagine a shingly beach kind of thing like the spain ones) so maybe water shoes but we never bother to be honest.
Florida Tix