Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Hope she recovers quickly and you can all enjoy the wonderful world of Disney. Posting on here was obviously going to prompt several variations of replys, that being the point of a forum after all. Please keep us updated.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by finleypop View Post
Hi all,

I am the OP's husband. She is very unwell, however she has insisted that I come on here & report back how well Thomas Cook are handling this situation.

I had a lengthy telephone call this morning from Christoph Debus in person, who accepted all responsibility & has been as apologetic as we could have hoped.

I am so surprised that some peoples gut reaction is to assume that someone made an out of proportion complaint, or that they did so in a disrespectful way or that there was some underlying personality flaw that meant they deserved to be treated like this.

There was more evidence & more witnesses than people are assuming. My wife did not come on here to have you find the companies involved guilty or not guilty, she simply wanted to present her experience in the hope that it would help someone else avoid the same experience that we had.

We have been assigned a crisis manager to ensure that Lorraine gets back to full health as soon as possible.

We would like to thank those people who have offered support & advice, as I said, it is not why Lorraine posted, but it is appreciated. To those who insinuated that she deserved it, may you never have to experience it yourself.
Well said . Sending Lorraine our wishes for a speedy recovery and that you both can enjoy your holiday . As for some of the comments here do not give them a second thought. Some members on this forum seem to be intent on rudeness, including those who don't comment but take delight in others being rude.

Not worth your time, enjoy your break and I hope its resolved .
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
California Road Trip
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortie
Trainee Dibber

Feel better soon, massive amount of pixie dust and hope you are going to get some fun time soon
Mortie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Happy Place
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Apprentice Imagineer

Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery for Lorraine
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
VIP Dibber

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Hope your feeling much better now Loraine, and have a wonderful relaxing holiday. Hope it all goes smoothly for you from here on in x

2008 we first visited as a family of 4, I fell in love and our return was booked for 2010 and then 2017 and 2018.

August 2020 has now been changed to August 2021 dam you Covo19
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Just like that, its changed from 125 day
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
finleypop
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks again for all your support, I have been reading your posts & messages to her. (once I realised that those pop ups were messages.)

Thomas Cook are in regular contact with us & we can reach them 24 hours a day. I have been impressed at the sincerity of their apology & acceptance of blame. They are running a full investigation into how it was allowed to happen

We will report back from the UK, because I also have my 70 year old father in law with us on his first Orlando trip & our 16 year old son who was brought to celebrate the end of his GSCE exams & they are stuck in the hotel room as I am the only driver, therefore I am going to try to at least get them out & about in the next few days.

Good luck on all your future trips, will report back in a couple of weeks.

Joe

Edited at 11:27 PM.
finleypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by finleypop View Post
Thanks again for all your support, I have been reading your posts & messages to her. (once I realised that those pop ups were messages.)

Thomas Cook are in regular contact with us & we can reach them 24 hours a day. I have been impressed at the sincerity of their apology & acceptance of blame. They are running a full investigation into how it was allowed to happen

We will report back from the UK, because I also have my 70 year old father in law with us on his first Orlando trip & our 16 year old son who was brought to celebrate the end of his GSCE exams & they are stuck in the hotel room as I am the only driver, therefore I am going to try to at least get them out & about in the next few days.

Good luck on all your future trips, will report back in a couple of weeks.

Joe
I so do hope Lorraine recovers really quickly and you are all able to salvage the rest of your trip and make lots of wonderful memories that can erase this bad start x
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Seattle/Hawaii/Texas
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

In the meantime, does the hotel have a shuttle or could you use Uber, Lyft or a taxi? Seems a shame for everyone to be stuck in the hotel.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Tokyo for silver wedding
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Wishing her a quick recovery. I was telling my DM about your experience yesterday so she could be forewarned as my Dad has had similar, but nowhere near as bad, experiences. They think Heathrow offers the worst support closely followed by Dulles. No one deserves the treatment that some disabled people are forced to endure when travelling. My best wishes for the rest of your holiday.
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
I hope
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope that you are feeling better soon OP and you get to enjoy some you your holiday x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
New York and Treasure Island... soo excited!
Ever After Holidays