Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
QuickSilver
Unread 12 Jul 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by finleypop View Post
Thanks again for all your support, I have been reading your posts & messages to her. (once I realised that those pop ups were messages.)

Thomas Cook are in regular contact with us & we can reach them 24 hours a day. I have been impressed at the sincerity of their apology & acceptance of blame. They are running a full investigation into how it was allowed to happen

We will report back from the UK, because I also have my 70 year old father in law with us on his first Orlando trip & our 16 year old son who was brought to celebrate the end of his GSCE exams & they are stuck in the hotel room as I am the only driver, therefore I am going to try to at least get them out & about in the next few days.

Good luck on all your future trips, will report back in a couple of weeks.

Joe
I so do hope Lorraine recovers really quickly and you are all able to salvage the rest of your trip and make lots of wonderful memories that can erase this bad start x
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP/DCL Norwegian fjords trip!
Unread 12 Jul 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

In the meantime, does the hotel have a shuttle or could you use Uber, Lyft or a taxi? Seems a shame for everyone to be stuck in the hotel.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 12 Jul 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
Imagineer

Wishing her a quick recovery. I was telling my DM about your experience yesterday so she could be forewarned as my Dad has had similar, but nowhere near as bad, experiences. They think Heathrow offers the worst support closely followed by Dulles. No one deserves the treatment that some disabled people are forced to endure when travelling. My best wishes for the rest of your holiday.
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I want to go back
Unread 12 Jul 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope that you are feeling better soon OP and you get to enjoy some you your holiday x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
New York and Treasure Island... soo excited!
Unread 13 Jul 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

So sorry to read about your experience. I understand when you have health issues (especially ones that require good access to the loo) how upsetting this must have been. Thankfully TC seem to be getting to the bottom of this for you and I hope that get better quickly and enjoy your holiday.
Unread 13 Jul 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Thats terrible. I hope MCO get their act together, it makes you not want to go and I thought they needed tourism.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Wishes
Unread 13 Jul 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Shocking behaviour from all staff involved. I would most definitely be on to someone be it solicitors or the papers with this incident. Absolutely ludicrous treatment against someone with a disability.
If you have anything on video(which you probably dont because of the obnoxious security guard) it would be great to pass on.
If you have witnesses that also would work well for you.

Ive been in a god awful situation with regards to security guards not knowing how to handle people, a young teenager in my case. It was a nightmare stateside. So fully understand how it feels for people watching on and no help from those at the airport.

I really hope you are enjoying your holiday now.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Years of saving but it is so worth it.
Unread 13 Jul 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

that's just awful,i hope your health improves so you can enjoy some of your holiday xxx
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
rhodes
Orlando Attraction Tickets