Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Jan 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
thedohs
Trying for More Ears

Alamo - early collection?

I have booked a car through Alamo and put the collection time as 2.30pm and our scheduled arrival time is 2.30pm.

Should I change it or leave it, I know sometimes the flight lands early and if we get though security in enough time I didn't want to have to wait around for the right time, is that even the case?

If I change it to 4pm it then makes the car £35 cheaper but I don't want to have to wait...any experiences?

Thanks.
thedohs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

I'm guessing you have the vehicle return time down at 4pm as thats when it becomes £35 cheaper?

I normally suggest allowing an hour for immigration and luggage and then return back to the airport 3 hours before flight departure (for international flights).

Just because you put down 2.30pm collection, doesn't mean you can't collect it earlier or later. But whatever time you collect it at is the time you need to return it at otherwise you enter a new rental day and thus attract a charge. In your case it looks like you've entered a collection time of 2.30pm and return time of 4pm. This is already adding an extra rental day charge on.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk

Edited at 07:07 PM.
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
thedohs
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
I'm guessing you have the vehicle return time down at 4pm as thats when it becomes £35 cheaper?

I normally suggest allowing an hour for immigration and luggage and then return back to the airport 3 hours before flight departure (for international flights).

Just because you put down 2.30pm collection, doesn't mean you can't collect it earlier or later. But whatever time you collect it at is the time you need to return it at otherwise you enter a new rental day and thus attract a charge. In your case it looks like you've entered a collection time of 2.30pm and return time of 4pm. This is already adding an extra rental day charge on.
Thanks for the response Andy.

You are correct in thinking that I put down 2.30pm and 4pm, even if I change it to 3.30pm and 4pm its still the same price as what I currently have.

I just don't want to have to return the car at 2.30pm (if we collect it then) when I have paid until 4pm. Our flight time is 7.45pm so even 4pm is still a bit early, I could move it to 4.30pm if I've already paid an extra day.
thedohs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Alamo do have a 29 minute grace period and I think if you book through one of the Virgin website they have a 2 hr grace period, although you should check with that in case its changed. Might be wort going down that route?

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Maverick177uk
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Can we take a booster seat to save on uber my daughter is 4 1/2 or do they really bother about car seats in Orlando we are travelling from Disney to universal
Maverick177uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Maverick177uk View Post
Can we take a booster seat to save on uber my daughter is 4 1/2 or do they really bother about car seats in Orlando we are travelling from Disney to universal
It's best you start a new thread as you have put this query on a thread about car hire pick up times. Your query probably would get answered better if ask on a new thread. I can't help as I always use a car never Uber.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Maverick177uk
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Sorry I put it in the wrong thread
Maverick177uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thedohs View Post
Thanks for the response Andy.

You are correct in thinking that I put down 2.30pm and 4pm, even if I change it to 3.30pm and 4pm its still the same price as what I currently have.

I just don't want to have to return the car at 2.30pm (if we collect it then) when I have paid until 4pm. Our flight time is 7.45pm so even 4pm is still a bit early, I could move it to 4.30pm if I've already paid an extra day.
It doesn't matter too much what time that you have put down that you estimate that you will pick up the car. The significant time is when you drive out of the garage, your contract will start from then. If you drive out at 2.30 then you will pay for another full days hire if you don't return until 4.30. You may think that 4.30pm to be early to return the car but you will be going through security at about 5ish and I have always found this to be busy and no guarantee how long the queue will be.