Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Feb 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Roads that offer short cuts

Hi all

I have heard of Sherbeth Road being a short cut - Where from to?

I notice that if you turn left at the lights after the crossroads at LBV where you go past the Comfort Inn LBV ( I think its Palm something) there is now a road opened down there that takes you across I4 and straight onto International Drive, sounds good to me
Old 1 Feb 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

sherbeth is a shortcut onto property if you're coming from the west, and the other one is palm parkway.
Old 1 Feb 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We accidentally took the sherbeth road shortcut last year, from the 192 to Disney all stars. I think it was signposted which was why we turned down there instead of going straight on, then realised it was the shortcut that everyone on here talks about. We used it each time then.

Edited at 02:16 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by antietam View Post
Hi all

I have heard of Sherbeth Road being a short cut - Where from to?

I notice that if you turn left at the lights after the crossroads at LBV where you go past the Comfort Inn LBV ( I think its Palm something) there is now a road opened down there that takes you across I4 and straight onto International Drive, sounds good to me
The new road leads over from Palm Parkway to lower end of I Drive, near to the Premium Outlets, and always seemed to be a very underused road when we went on it. Palm Parkway takes you up to the big Walmart on Turkey Lake Road, so again a short cut to Sandlake Road.
Old 1 Feb 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
The new road leads over from Palm Parkway to lower end of I Drive, near to the Premium Outlets, and always seemed to be a very underused road when we went on it. Palm Parkway takes you up to the big Walmart on Turkey Lake Road, so again a short cut to Sandlake Road.
Will have to try this one this year, we spent ages stuck in traffic getting to the outlets.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
We accidentally took the sherbeth road shortcut last year, from the 192 to Disney all stars. I think it was signposted which was why we turned down there instead of going straight on, then realised it was the shortcut that everyone on here talks about. We used it each time then.
It leads up to Osceola Parkway and onto the Loop area!

PS Big Walmart point in my previous post was redundant. Not come across a small Walmart!
Old 1 Feb 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Sherbeth Road was like a country lane 10 years ago - now it's like the M25

We always use it to get to the Osceola Parkway though as it's a much better east - west route than the 192

Be cautious though as the eastbound slip road at the 192 lights to turn left into Sherbeth can often spill back into lane three of the 192 at peak times.

Mick
Old 1 Feb 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post

A word of warning about Sherbeth Road. It is used by a lot of Disney employees and is a magnet for traffic cops with speed checks, so please keep to the limit (as indeed you should do everywhere!).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List