Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Mar 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cally-07
Staying in the Castle

Mobile Tips on DDP

Hey everyone

Just a quick question... When we go in October we have the DDP how do we work out what we tip is it on what the bill should have been before the credits come off?
cally-07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveLeith
Very Serious Dibber

The bill will have the suggested tip amounts. You can chose to pay the tip in cash, card or charge to your room.
Old 27 Mar 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cally-07
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Originally Posted by ILoveLeith View Post
The bill will have the suggested tip amounts. You can chose to pay the tip in cash, card or charge to your room.
Okay thanks but I was wondering when you get the bill is the DDP already deducted so all that is left is extra and drinks so that the tips are based on that or what the bill would be if you didn't have any dining plan?
cally-07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The tip is based on everything you eat or drink and all this will be displayed on the bill.

Basically, if you always eat the most expensive thing on the menu you will pay more in tip.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
minniejem
Earning My Ears

Anything included on DDP is usually displayed as $0.00, anything extra has the price and tax. The suggested tip is at the end based on the cost of the entire meal, so be mindful when using DDP that the cost of what you order is reflected in the tip! Before we went I had read on here that some people had been charged the tip twice (by accident) if they chose to leave cash rather than charge to your room so we opted to pay be magic band and they pay off the room balance in cash.
Old 27 Mar 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
If you're on the DDP, they usually produce two receipts: one has the figures on together with suggested tips at 18% and 20% before tax, and when you've paid or tapped your band they'll bring you a receipt which says $0.00. I always try and keep the one with figures on it so I can do cost comparisons once I'm home.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cally-07
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Originally Posted by minniejem View Post
Anything included on DDP is usually displayed as $0.00, anything extra has the price and tax. The suggested tip is at the end based on the cost of the entire meal, so be mindful when using DDP that the cost of what you order is reflected in the tip! Before we went I had read on here that some people had been charged the tip twice (by accident) if they chose to leave cash rather than charge to your room so we opted to pay be magic band and they pay off the room balance in cash.
Can you pay every couple days the room balance or is it just at the end of the holiday?
Old 27 Mar 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cally-07 View Post
Can you pay every couple days the room balance or is it just at the end of the holiday?
Yes you can every couple of days if you like.

Last time we put our gift card on to our room account after we had picked it up and I think we paid a bit off our room bill at one point.

I think, but I'm sure someone will be able to say for certain that they will use your credit card linked to your account to pay the balance on the last day if you haven't already cleared it. I'm sure one of the lovely dibbers can confirm that. I can't remember exactly as we were only going to go ONCE so I didn't pay lots of attention to the smaller details!
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child

Edited at 08:11 PM.
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cally-07
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Originally Posted by mossy51 View Post
Yes you can every couple of days if you like.

Last time we put our gift card on to our room account after we had picked it up and I think we paid a bit off our room bill at one point.

I think, but I'm sure someone will be able to say for certain that they will use your credit card linked to your account to pay the balance on the last day if you haven't already cleared it. I'm sure one of the lovely dibbers can confirm that. I can't remember exactly as we were only going to go ONCE so I didn't pay lots of attention to the smaller details!
Thanks that's a great help 😁
Old 27 Mar 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cally-07 View Post
Okay thanks but I was wondering when you get the bill is the DDP already deducted so all that is left is extra and drinks so that the tips are based on that or what the bill would be if you didn't have any dining plan?
The tip is NOT included in the free or paid for Disney dining plan. So the tip will be based on everything you eat and drink, both the free/pre-paid part plus any extras you ordered.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List