Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Mar 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Trouble3 View Post
As you've got the redundancy money as a back up, I would meet with your manager and explain everything you've said to us; if they're a good manager, they'll appreciate your input and that you're not wasting their time. You could also offer to stay on until they can replace you, on the understanding that you'd need time off to attend interviews.

Good luck whatever you do.
I agree with this post.

Nothing to loose by being honest, surely they brought you on board to develop systems for them, if in your professional opinion this isn't the right course of action for them, then telling them is part of your role?

Really hope it works out for you
Old 28 Mar 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
Any thoughts? Have I not given it long enough or should I go with my gut feeling and not waste this company or my own time?
Obviously I'm not in your shoes and no nothing of the situation really.

Having done this myself at least three times and threatened to do it some more - I would say don't do it. Don't quit until you have something to go to.

It sounds like you are unhappy, maybe miss managing people (that part I like least), and have concerns about the changes they are making.

Possibly the fact you couldn't arrange an immediate meeting is lucky. Speak to them, query whether they have misgivings about the changes ie slowing them down etc - air your views and leave it at that.

I wouldn't be concerned about wasting the employer's time, all that matters is you.
If you feel really strongly why not ask for a short break for personal reasons at a mutually convenient time - if there is ever likely window.

Having done it myself, I wouldn't listen to myself, but I wouldn't leave a job again without something in the bag. Always worked out for me but looking back I realise it was 99% luck.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think you sound great.
It would be easy to just walk away but a meeting to discuss why you feel you aren't the solution they need is incredibly professional and thoughtful.
Good luck with the meeting.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Thanks for the advice everyone, great as always Will let you know how I get on.
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Trouble3 View Post
As you've got the redundancy money as a back up, I would meet with your manager and explain everything you've said to us; if they're a good manager, they'll appreciate your input and that you're not wasting their time. You could also offer to stay on until they can replace you, on the understanding that you'd need time off to attend interviews.

Good luck whatever you do.
I agree. Any update OP?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cheetah Hunter View Post
I agree. Any update OP?
Sorry for the super late reply, not sure how i missed it other than with what went on and planning our September trip (just finished ) I took my eye off the Dibb!

I handed my notice in and they offered me a different better position that i accepted but asked that I take some time off first as I had gone from one job to the next with no break and felt I needed one.

During the break I was approached by a major Defense prime about a position I thought I had no chance of getting. I went for it just to get a look a the company's site/recruitment process as I had heard it was worth seeing.
Long story short, I somehow managed to land the role and have been there for 6 months now.. love it so much ive just blown a big chunk of my redundancy money on DVC ownership.

So, all worked out.. hopefully

Edited at 03:54 PM.
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
What a positive update well done and Welcome home DVC member
Old 28 Sep 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

you have great attitude, I think finding something that suits better now will be easier than if you stay long and lose motivation
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic news! Congratulations on that very positive update 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List