Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 31 Jan 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Matty777
Serious Dibber

Have been booked for months with Avis through BA.

Had a Premium saloon for 16 days for £420

Just rung up to enquire about cancelling and rebooking a bigger car through Netflights and managed to get a Tahoe etc (Z) for just £155 extra!

Booked it straight away! Might even get an upgrade for being Preffered member! Could even bag a Navigator! ... Just dreaming

I will report back in April with my Avis findings.
Matty777 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BeautyAndTheTwe
Swimming at the All Star Resort

We havent used Avis before and have use Alamo in the past. Try InspireByTravel before you book. We are going in July and used them for car hire. Their price was unbeatable

We made a video on it here and cover a section about getting cheap car hire:

Hope it helps you out
BeautyAndTheTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Matty777 View Post
Have been booked for months with Avis through BA.

Had a Premium saloon for 16 days for £420

Just rung up to enquire about cancelling and rebooking a bigger car through Netflights and managed to get a Tahoe etc (Z) for just £155 extra!

Booked it straight away! Might even get an upgrade for being Preffered member! Could even bag a Navigator! ... Just dreaming

I will report back in April with my Avis findings.
You were lucky, after reading your post I phoned Avis tonight on the off chance that there were other upgrade offers available. Wanted to upgrade from Grade F SUV to Grade Z and they wanted another £895! Going to wait and try again before we go in July.
Norris1969 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Abkeel
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Always use Alamo in u.s. , But have used Avis no problem in France and Spain
Abkeel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Matty777
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Norris1969 View Post
You were lucky, after reading your post I phoned Avis tonight on the off chance that there were other upgrade offers available. Wanted to upgrade from Grade F SUV to Grade Z and they wanted another £895! Going to wait and try again before we go in July.
Think it was a BA Sale. Might have ended at Midnight
Matty777 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I travel solo and need to be confident with the car and the customer support. I've used Avis many times and never had a problem with either. Last year's car had 45 miles on the clock !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymac
Excited about Disney

I have found Avis at MCO to be excellent, definitely recommend registering preferred, especially good after long flight. This gives you straight to garage and should have your name on board, straight to car and fast. At other locations I have also found them to be pretty good even without preferred. As others have noted generally good condition cars, shared with Budget (who I think are terribly slow at MCO).

Note spouse is also covered to drive at no additional charge, e-toll charge is among the cheapest

Like all companies beware of extras being offered at desks, always check paperwork to confirm no extra charges.

Avis is my hire company of choice, unfortunately this summer Budget were 40% cheaper than anyone else... so I really look forward to a big queue gain

Edited at 01:25 AM.
Mickeymac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List