Old 4 Feb 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 6 - MK, Crystal Palace, Epcot & Sweet Tomatoes

It's been nearly 2 months since I posted a day, don't think there's many reading but am going to finish it anyway, I thought about stopping but I hate anything half finished so my stubbornness will mean I'll finish this trip report no matter how long it takes

So on with day 6

We were heading to MK for rope drop, love this little show, always makes me emotional

Fionn really wished we had been the family picked for the opening. I explained to him that we'd have to come super early, I'd love to be picked too though

We hadn't been able to get a fast pass for 7DMT again this year (couldn't get one last year either at 60 days out so hadn't expected one this year at 30 days) so the plan was to head straight to that.. Success! It was still a complete walk on & we happened to get front row

I couldn't understand the photo/video thing as I hadn't scanned my band and there were no screens to check your picture. A CM assured me it would go on my account but she wasn't very friendly and didn't explain how. I was really worried about this so I posted on the dibb and was assured it happened automatically and that the cart picked up your magic band. I trusted the dibbers more than the cast member so was happy then It came through later that afternoon and a cute little video too

We headed to Space Mountain next where there was a 5 minute wait so straight on we went We had a reservation for breakfast at the Crystal Palace for 9.40am so walked straight there after SM.

We all loved it here, I think it was our favourite meal of the holiday We had done Disney buffet breakfast at the Yacht Club last year & the food wasn't great so I thought this was just for the characters really but omg the food was amazing! Breakfast lasagne, yum yum yum, the cheesey potato hash was to die for too, the pastries, just everything really. Our server was fantastic and the character interaction was great. Will make sure to always have at least one breakfast here when we go to WDW again!

Just looking at those photos again makes me realise how our Florida holidays are worth every cent. That morning was one of my favourite mornings ever

When we left CP Mary Poppins was out for photos. Fionn had just had a Mary Poppins play in school at the start of the Summer so he really wanted to meet her. We waddled over (I could barely walk I was so full!) and were the last family allowed
The cast member with Mary was lovely and chatted to us for the 10 minute wait & also took pictures for us, love when you meet those brilliant cast members that make everything seem special, even queuing

Mary was lovely and spent ages chatting to the boys

We caught the end of a little Xmas show too, it was so lovely, I'm Christmas mad so to be in the MK listening to Xmas music was just amazing, another emotional moment for me!

I loved all the decorations It was so strange as we had been there on Monday night for MNSSHP and it was Wednesday morning now and there wasn't a trace of Halloween

We popped into one of the shops on the way out and got Lumiere I love him

We left and drove to Epcot as we had some fast passes there for the afternoon. Rode the new Soaring, I loved it, wasn't a fan of the old one so I was pleasantly surprised with this one We went to Mousegear after, I love this shop, spent ages looking around and came out with Chip, yay

Our next FP was for character spot.

Love the interaction here

We decided to go back to the villa for a bit of chill out & pool time after meeting the characters. It was only 2.30pm when we were leaving the character spot but we'd had a busy morning. Obligatory gecko photo

We spent the rest of the afternoon lying by the pool and got showered and headed to Sweet Tomatoes about 7. We wanted a healthy ish dinner after stuffing ourselves stupid at breakfast! Went to Rolling Oaks so had to pop into Super Target for a little browse. We were back home by 9.30 and had an early night after our early start.

I forgot to add this picture from our perfect morning at MK

3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by codym - 4 Feb 17 3:54 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Please do carry on posting - I love reading peoples trip reports and am very grateful for the time you spend putting together and sharing.

Love Lumiere and Chip. I am thinking of getting Cogsworth!
Old 4 Feb 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Good day please keep posting

Joan
Old 4 Feb 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
Please do carry on posting - I love reading peoples trip reports and am very grateful for the time you spend putting together and sharing.

Love Lumiere and Chip. I am thinking of getting Cogsworth!

Thank you I didn't see Cogsworth there this year, was raging because I wanted to buy him. I didn't look really hard either though, you know the way you think you've loads of time to pick up these things but it never happened. Hoping I can get him at Disney Springs this year. Thanks again for reading and commenting xx

Thanks Joan

Edited at 07:45 PM.
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach78
Trying for More Ears

I'm reading! Please carry on. If it wasn't for people like you then I wouldn't be able to enjoy trip reports!
Rach78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Swimmer68
VIP Dibber

still reading too
Swimmer68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rach78 View Post
I'm reading! Please carry on. If it wasn't for people like you then I wouldn't be able to enjoy trip reports!
Originally Posted by Swimmer68 View Post
still reading too
Thanks for reading x
Old 5 Feb 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I'm reading and enjoying too! Please don't stop

Your report is fair putting me in the notion to go back. We did 2015 and 2016 for 3 weeks both times, so we decided to skip it this year.

We haven't booked anything else instead and last week I stupidly gave in to DH and agreed we can put a new kitchen in instead of a big summer holiday.

Oh how I am regretting that now that you have tickled my Florida Fancy...

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
I'm reading and enjoying too! Please don't stop

Your report is fair putting me in the notion to go back. We did 2015 and 2016 for 3 weeks both times, so we decided to skip it this year.

We haven't booked anything else instead and last week I stupidly gave in to DH and agreed we can put a new kitchen in instead of a big summer holiday.

Oh how I am regretting that now that you have tickled my Florida Fancy...
You were there Easter last year weren't you? I read along with your live trip report & decided then that I'd do the photo report & do it live, I didn't quite make it live as you can see

We swore we weren't going back this year too, we love to shop so always spend a fortune when we are there.. we are going though, the thought of going anywhere else just doesn't excite me the same! There's still so much to see & do in Florida

Thanks for reading, hope to see a countdown on your signature soon