Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Mar 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by alp1972 View Post
I remember buying some chicken breasts from Tesco Extra at Watford I came to open them for tea and the smell knocked me sick ( I was pregnant at the time) so I popped to our Tesco Express to take them back and had the manager come out to me to tell me she couldnt exchange them as we bought them at the Extra store and they were different barcodes and prices , I couldnt actually believe what she was telling me I mean it was a pack of chicken breasts wouldnt you think from a customer service point of view that it would of been easier to just swap them over . Anyway after her telling me to drive to Watford and me being very unhappy telling her how ridiculous she was she then suggests I take them home and put them in my freezer till I go back to Watford ! Havent shopped in Tescos since .
Ahh, a stereotypical jobsworth! Think I would have taken that a lot further.
The only thing I have noticed with Sainsbury's lately is when you take anything back you get a cash refund and another item free. And rightly so as it's my diesel to drive there for no reason other than returning defective stuff.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm a Morrisons & Aldi fan 👍🏻
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I do like Morrison (and I am a shareholder) but it's not our nearest and the closest one is small and parking is difficult.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

My sainsbury is fantastic, stocked shelves and small queues. A manager in charge of the tills so opens more when needed.
I hate asda as I find them untidy. Tesco always seems a cold place.
Old 14 Mar 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
I'm a Morrisons & Aldi fan 👍🏻
Me too. We live a five minute walk from a huge Morrisons so that's my corner shop and do the weekly shop at Aldi. We have a Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Iaceland and M&S in town so if any offers that's interest me are advertised I do shop in them. I long to visit a Waitrose just to see what the fuss is about.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

When I stopped working for Sainsbury's I realised how expensive it really is, when I was working there buying the odd item it didn't bother me(plus was living at home so was rolling in it!). I never go in there anymore! Asda is my fave but a bit out the way so end up in Tesco a lot!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wintersun
Apprentice Imagineer

wintersun's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Sainsbury's here has had a makeover as they now have an Argos click and collect. It is a nice clean store. We do our shop between Sainsbury's and Tesco. Tesco also have a dine in deal. We get that and also do some shopping a M&S. we have been known to buy 4 dine in deals at a time. Buy what can be put in the freezer.
wintersun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm. With you,can't stand Sainsburys, so over priced, Aldi for me x
Old 15 Mar 17, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We spend less at Waitrose than we ever did at Tesco, and the food is 100 times better. Practically live on the Essentials range which is still great quality. Plus free delivery so someone else can walk up our two flights of stairs with the shopping!

Our local Morrisons is great for top ups but the building is too small for the amount of custom it gets, so it is hell to walk round.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I have always shopped at sainsburys, the staff are nice and I like their food. They do put up prices up alot, do they think we dont notice, I usually adapt my shop to whats on offer. Got these rolls, they have been sent off to be analysed. Through facebook they gave me a number to give in to Sainsburys customer service in store with the rolls. She offered me a £20 voucher and threw them in the bin. I said take them out and send them off, she said that's very time consuming and its probably mould. I said it doesnt look like mould and I want it analysed, she wasnt happy but wrapped them up, still waiting to hear back and that was a week and a half ago!
Good luck with that. I shop online and have swapped and changed. At one point I was shopping with tesco and I had bought some hunters chicken portions, they come in a little foil tray that you cook them in and add sauce etc. I was eating mine and I thought this is a tough piece of skin, when I looked it was a plaster. Not even the blue kind, the regular flesh coloured which had not been seen. I rang tesco and was told to take it to my local store and speak to the manager, I did and she was very nice and they took my details etc and said they'd be in touch - that's about 3 or 4 years ago never heard diddly squat from them! Didn't even get offered a refund never mind £20 voucher. Plus, they had the chicken so I'd no evidence of anything to chase up!
We now shop at Sainsburys, I don't mind them, we do it cos hubby collects the nectar points and has the gas and electricity with them I think, thing is I don't actually know what to do with the nectar points so is it any good that we are collecting them?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List