Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 17, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

I used a little local saloon until I retired when I decided I needed more than a basic cheap cut and needed colour. I tried a couple of big chains but that didn't last long as the recommended time between visits reduced and the cost went up with each visit. The hairdresser I have used for the last 8 years or works from home. I alternate a cut and blow dry with full colour with a cut and blow dry. It costs £16 or £35 and I go every 6 - 8 weeks.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paw View Post
I used a little local saloon until I retired when I decided I needed more than a basic cheap cut and needed colour. I tried a couple of big chains but that didn't last long as the recommended time between visits reduced and the cost went up with each visit. The hairdresser I have used for the last 8 years or works from home. I alternate a cut and blow dry with full colour with a cut and blow dry. It costs £16 or £35 and I go every 6 - 8 weeks.
Cut and bw every six weeks is £24 for me. Local salon.

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I travel about 30 mins to my hairdressers , a small independent. I get highlights, just blonde, and a cut and blow dry for £36. I go roughly every 6 weeks. I get regular comments on how well it's cut and the colour.
I used to go to a well known brand in Glasgow but just felt it was a complete rip off... but if my hairdressers closed I wouldn't know where to start.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
£45 every 4 weeks for a colour , cut and blow dry , £50 every 6 weeks for my daughters high lights and trim/ blow dry .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
Hell, I went there just before Christmas as it was our Golden Wedding Anniversary then we were going on holiday so I thought I would have a expensive cut etc. It was awful and cost the best part of £75. I had to go to my usual place to sort it out. The sides were different lengths and had been cut against the natural way it falls. I should have gone back to Toni and Guy but couldn't face it. Will stick to my £11 wet cut in future!
I have never had a bad experience in T and G but luckily my colourist left and is now freelance so she cuts and colours my hair for £60 which I think is pretty good. My daughter has hers done at the same time and it works out perfectly for us all.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I travel about 30 mins to my hairdressers , a small independent. I get highlights, just blonde, and a cut and blow dry for £36. I go roughly every 6 weeks. I get regular comments on how well it's cut and the colour.
I used to go to a well known brand in Glasgow but just felt it was a complete rip off... but if my hairdressers closed I wouldn't know where to start.
This is my worry too! We're pretty friendly with our hairdresser, have been going to her for 11yrs now and she's great but currently in the process of sorting out visas for her family to emigrate to Australia - i'm really happy for her on one hand as she's wanted to do it for years but from a purely selfish point of view i'll really miss her too!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I paid £70 for a cut and blow dry last time with a bottle of product (the cut must have been around £50) I have long hair that's not very high maintainence but go to a brand near my work, I'm not very loyal usually, have been most of the places In town at one point or another, but this girl made me actually feel at ease so I'll go to her again whilst I've got the loyalty card for the chain, once that's finished I'll review.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

It's amazing the difference in prices between different salons. I've tried dying my hair at home but it's so thick and resilient to the colour that it never looks right. My hair is long and it costs me £60 for foil highlights and a cut. I do leave it a while between colours as with two children to feed and clothe I always feel guilty that I'm not spending the money on something else.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I have long hair, a friend in our village is a mobile hairdresser, she pops along to my home and charges me £7 for a trim. Used to be an argument getting her to take a tenner but finally she does. Have my hair trimmed twice a year, I cut my fringe inbetween. Hubby's hair needs layering and I've cut it since 2010 after a so called Fl hairdresser butchered it by taking an electric trimmer to his head, it was abysmal.
Old 25 Mar 17, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Wow, my West London guys are suddenly looking a bargain! I usually pay about £95 plus I round it up as a tip.
Exactly! I'd totally expect to pay over £100 in London or Leeds (where I work) but not Barnsley x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List