Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 17, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I pay £58 for foils and a cut and blow dry
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyboo
Apprentice Imagineer

I usually colour my own hair and then as a treat go to a salon to get it done every once in a while. The salon I was going to offers a colour cut and blow for £30 with a junior but they are all great never had an issue. They couldn't fit me in yesterday so just had a cut and blow elsewhere and it cost me 30..

I did used to pay around 80 at another salon but couldn't justify it!
Disneyboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have base colour, 3 different colour foils, cut and blow dry for £60, my hair is long too.
Looks like I get a bargain 😁
Old 25 Mar 17, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I get foils, cut and blow dry for my shoulder length hair for £65. My hairdresser is awesome 😊
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I have an all over colour and cut and it costs £40. I use a mobile hairdresser.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I have a hairdresser who comes to my home, she's really lovely... she's actually my third home hairdresser now as I've not been to a salon for at least 16 years...
She charges me £30 for a cut and colour every 6-8 weeks, and I usually give her a bit extra.
I would be stunned to be charged £135 for a hairdo... and they wouldn't be seeing me again...
Same for me £30 I give £5 tip, cut colour and blow dry at my home.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Mobile

I pay £46 just for a wet cut. I only go twice a year though. I've got long hair and don't dry it or use any products so it stays in good condition for ages
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

How long do they spend on your hair for that much? One of my best friends cuts mine for £10

Just wondering because I take John and James to the Turkish barbers where they spend an hour on John's hair maybe 30 minutes in james' and charge less than a tenna each. Why should women be any diff?
Old 25 Mar 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
How long do they spend on your hair for that much? One of my best friends cuts mine for £10

Just wondering because I take John and James to the Turkish barbers where they spend an hour on John's hair maybe 30 minutes in james' and charge less than a tenna each. Why should women be any diff?
Some of these prices I have my hair cut every six to eight weeks and just couldn't justify paying some of those prices, I colour my own hair with a £3-99 hair colour and my local hairdresser is £11 for a cut, it's just a walk in place but I always ask for the same girl who cuts my hair better than any of the hairdressers I have had in the past.
I have treated myself a couple of times to what I thought would be a really good hair cut by going to named salons like Toni and Guy and came out very disappointed both times, seems they like to cut your hair how they think it should be not how you ask it to be cut, both times I ended up going elsewhere to get it looking something like I wanted it to .
I learnt my lesson and realise cheap can be as good as expensive as long as you get a good hairdresser .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Some of these prices I have my hair cut every six to eight weeks and just couldn't justify paying some of those prices, I colour my own hair with a £3-99 hair colour and my local hairdresser is £11 for a cut, it's just a walk in place but I always ask for the same girl who cuts my hair better than any of the hairdressers I have had in the past.
I have treated myself a couple of times to what I thought would be a really good hair cut by going to named salons like Toni and Guy and came out very disappointed both times, seems they like to cut your hair how they think it should be not how you ask it to be cut, both times I ended up going elsewhere to get it looking something like I wanted it to .
I learnt my lesson and realise cheap can be as good as expensive as long as you get a good hairdresser .
I concur Linda, my friend does a great job of cutting me a long bob style, and keeping my hair long is easy in the sun to throw under my hat. If it were short I'd have to find somebody out here and likely need it cutting 3 times. I'm well happy with my cut but £7 is too little, hence why I insist she takes a tenner. I'm well happy at £20 a year, of course hubs pays nowt with my cutting his. It's canny for those who want to spend what they do, and no doubt some hairdressers are artists, but I'd chew my hair off afore spending £30, or more, for a wet cut

Edited at 09:10 AM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List