Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Mar 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
briant2001
Excited about Disney

Dining plan exclusions?

Sorry if this has been covered but I was wondering if there are exclusions to certain foods from Dining Plan or does a single credit entitle you to any entree under particular menus?

Fro example often here in NI we'd often see set price menus hold a supplement price for things like steaks (often a few quid more)

Just wondering if steaks etc attract a surcharge or exclusion?

Not sure if I'm explaining right but maybe someone could help ?

2018 Port Orleans & Loews Royal Pacific

2022 ONSITE?
briant2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Everywhere we ate last year (14 nights worth of TS dinners including grand Floridian cafe, coral reef, kona cafe etc etc..) steak was included (and we had it many times!) we never saw anything about supplements and never had to pay one.. so although I cannot speak for EVERYWHERE we certainly never came across anything! Hope this helps..
Charlee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I believe there are very limited exclusions - some places have things like 'special' steaks that need a supplement or a steak for two which then needs double TS (which makes sense as it is actually for two).
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
briant2001
Excited about Disney

now I'll have to plan meals so that I'm NOT eating steak EVERYDAY!

2018 Port Orleans & Loews Royal Pacific

2022 ONSITE?
briant2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

We found that most meals were included (apart from at Via Napoli, oddly, where there were a number of restrictions) but that a lot of side dishes weren't included. So whereas we got the porterhouse with 3 x side dishes at The Yachtsman, we found we had to pay extra for fries and veg dishes at The Boathouse as the dining plan literally just covered the steak.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
As noted above, very little is excluded on the DDP. A few years ago, we ate at Narcoosse's and both DW and DD had the fillet and lobster dinner, high would have been around $80 each if paid for OOP!

Have to admit though we did give the Boathouse a miss after finding out your 2TS credits only got you the steak - I wasn't going to be paying an extra $8 or so per side dish!
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
The Boathouse as the dining plan literally just covered the steak.
Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
Have to admit though we did give the Boathouse a miss after finding out your 2TS credits only got you the steak - I wasn't going to be paying an extra $8 or so per side dish!
That is no longer the case. We had steak & it came with roasted new potatoes as a "free" side dish. This was in Oct last year.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
As noted above, very little is excluded on the DDP. A few years ago, we ate at Narcoosse's and both DW and DD had the fillet and lobster dinner, high would have been around $80 each if paid for OOP!
This is no longer the case, you cannot have the steak with added lobster on the dining plan anymore, you have to pay to add the lobster.

You can however have 1 person order the steak and 1 person order the lobster/lobster tails and they will happily split it in half and serve it to you.
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It used to be that there were pretty much no exclusions and in reality that's still true it's just that some meals cost an additional supplement. It's mainly at signatures and mainly for additions like lobster tail or specific types of steak. Your server will keep you right.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List