Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Mar 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
To be honest I wouldn't tell them the reason why you want the job is the reason you put here. You were basically saying the reason you want the job is to make you better at another job which would not be your main position. I would imagine that they would be looking for someone whose main interest is the position they are applying for.

I was a nurse for 30 plus years. Personally I would be asking to visit the clinic prior to interview. Find out what they want from someone working for them. If thats something you can provide then yes go for it. If not then look elsewhere at what you really want to do.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your advice.
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by apesxx View Post
Yes I did thanks :-)
I suffer too from interview anxiety and last time I went for this position did not get it.
I work for the ambulance service, I'm pretty sure it will be competency based questions that you are asked. Look up the star technique. My interview was mainly based around the trust values. When have you treated somebody with care and compassion, treated somebody with dignity and respect, resolved a difficult situation when dealing with somebody that has dementia and is aggressive, made a significant input when working as a team, made a suggestion at work that has been implemented. I didn't actually get asked any questions about myself or what I knew about the trust.
Oh well done. Thank you for extra advice. I have looked the star technique and think it will really help me. Thanks again. :O)
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SuzieG View Post
I work in the NHS, though not nursing, and have been for two job interviews recently. One was surprisingly informal, a few scenario based questions but mostly it was a chat. The other one was quite formal with lots of questions around the specific Trust values and a lot of scenario based questions. Make sure you have lots of examples ready to talk about - confidentiality, clinical governance, record keeping, experience of conflict, dealing with difficult situations, prioritising workload, etc ... Good luck! (I was offered both jobs and chose the 'informal interview' one - should start beginning of May hopefully!)

eta - there's usually a question about recent research into the specific area of the job, or changes in the NHS, etc
Thank you very much for your advice. I am writing out your advised points using the star technique. Very well done of being offered the jobs! Enjoy your new job.