Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Mar 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Its funny though as where I got it done in Melbourne didn't require me to 'stretch' the skin myself at all. They just waxed me.
Everywhere here gets me in convoluted positions trying to stretch myself, so that could be it.

I was going 4 weekly as my first couple was like 8 weeks, and I was just getting so many blood spots and irritation as they said was too long/thick. I can't win..
You would usually wax every 4 weeks or so, but due to the skin being lifted and damaged I would leave 6-8 weeks just to let it heal then ask any friends for recommendations for a good salon in you area.
Blood spots are not uncommon on bikini and underarm due to the hair being more course, if you feel the hair is a little long when you go for your next wax a little trim with scissors is fine, when I was a beauty therapist I had scissors in my kit for just that reason, you should never been made to feel there is something wrong with how your hair grows - it's not like you have a choice.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Yes it was a sort of honey colour and definitely not hot wax.

How often do you recommend waiting between each wax? Do you have issues if the hair is too long?
Thanks so much
It's probably the cheap stuff I trained with in college!
I recommend 4-6 weeks for a wax but like someone mentioned because your skin has had extra layers taken off I would try 6-8 if you can. You need to let the area heal. If you've not got any buy some Bepanthen (nappy rash cream) or Savlon and religiously apply to the area. Or even Aloe Vera. The main thing is to keep it moisturised and clean.
Depends how long is long? It's quite often easier to wax when there is more growth as some clients expect me to wax them when they've shaved only 3 days before. I tweezer out more hair than I wax! But no having longer hair shouldn't have left you with ripped skin, if the therapist was saying it was too long she should have trimmed it with nail scissors 😳
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you tried looking for a salon who uses Waxperts wax? It is the best I've come across and super gentle.
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Just a thought...but could it be related to the fact its not as warm here and your pores wont be as open?

I'm no wax expert but I know soft wax doesn't agree with my skin. I've reverted to getting any facial hair removed by threading.
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Could you contact your old salon to find out what product they use and try and find someone over here who uses the same stuff?
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a similar problem with my eyebrows this weekend. Always have them threaded but the usual girl wasn't there and another girl attempted it but half way through asked if she could wax them. They were so sore and red the next day, like they had been burnt but the wax didn't feel too hot when she put it on. Presume it was just a reaction to the wax.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I wonder if it's maybe the difference in temperature too?

I purchased a Phillips Lumea IPL machine last year and it's one of the best things I've ever spend money on. You have to have untanned skin to use it, and it works best with paler skin and darker hair. My hair has stopped growing now They seem an expensive outlay but I would have spent way more on waxing treatments in the long run
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by hollyjol View Post
I wonder if it's maybe the difference in temperature too?

I purchased a Phillips Lumea IPL machine last year and it's one of the best things I've ever spend money on. You have to have untanned skin to use it, and it works best with paler skin and darker hair. My hair has stopped growing now They seem an expensive outlay but I would have spent way more on waxing treatments in the long run
Lovely idea, but my body hair is fair, very thick and coarse, but fair. I have always been told that lazer based solutions wouldn't work
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by hollyjol View Post
Oh this sounds like a good idea for my DD16 - she has very fair skin but dark hair. She doesn't sunbathe as she doesn't think it's worth it as she doesn't tan at all and I think seeing the sun damage I've got on my skin over the years has put her off If you don't mind me asking , what model of this have you got as I've just had a quick look on Amazon and they vary in price quite a bit.

OP - sorry, I don't have any suggestions for your problem but hopefully you'll find a solution soon.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I have to admire any of you ladies that go through with it! I had it done a couple of times - never again. I too got the blood spots, rash.. now I just razor, pop some talc on and then go over with a ladyshave to get it really smooth. I can't deal with that pain of waxing