Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Jun 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

The Search for Macaroni - October 2015

Bear with me! First ever food report and im trying to figure out how to do pictures lol!

I saved all of my receipts but havent looked at them since my depression of being back home from such a fabulous place. My mood has changed as we are heading back to stay at Saratoga springs in September this year!

We stayed in All Star Music in October 2015 and decided not to buy the dining plan but pay out of pocket. I really do think that we were better of paying out of pocket and dont think that we really missed out on anything.

We are a family of 4, myself Laura (now 33 ) I am terrible for being a creature of habit, Tim (36) likes spice and trying new foods, Abigail (8) plain jane and likes dry food, and Wee Isobel (7) loves to try new things and found a love for Macaroni on this trip...

We told the girls the day before where we were going and let them choose their hand luggage. Apart from some colouring in books and hudls, it was mostly disney outfits.

Edited at 10:22 PM.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Travel Day - EDI - LGW - MCO

We had some toast for breaky before heading for our 9am flight. We had said to the girls that we would get something at the first airport. They were too excited to think about food so held them off until lunch. We ended up choosing Garfunkels, although the main reason being that everywhere else was heaving!

We were delighted that the food was really lovely and from what i remember a good price.

I had what i think was a toastie but cant see it on the menu!

Chocolate milkshake to share with Tim. £4 but super thick and yummy! Tim had a ham? toastie with chips but we dont have a picture.

Both girls had the burger and chips. TBH they probably could have split one between them as they were huge portions!

We shared a pizza in the on site restaurant. A first of many...

Edited at 11:39 PM.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 16, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Look forward to the rest of your reports
Old 19 Jun 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Day 1 - Be Our Guest QS Breakie

I would recommend booking a random breaky at Be Our Guest, not just for the food, but for the early park access. It was a real treat walking up Main Street with barely anyone there.

For some reason pictures are missing so i am going to hunt out the camera...
Old 19 Jun 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Day 2

Hollywood and vine breakfast

My youngest daughter, Issy has been a huge Doc Mcstuffin fan from when it first came out in the UK and wanted to wear her Doc Outfit. Abs was at an awkward stage and didnt want to be left out, but was half embarrassed, but decided to wear the Sofia dress.

We booked for first sitting with the thought that we would all be up pretty early with jet lag. I over estimated how jet lagged we would be and we only just made the reservation... never again! We are definitely a family that likes to sleep!

This was our first buffet experience and only had an idea of what we would be feasting on through reading reviews and my word we were not disappointed.

I had: (Why do buffet pictures always look a bit iffy?) Loved the sausage, the bacon not so much. Too cardboardy for my liking. Biscuits and gravy was a strange taste, but i had to finish it and did get it on another occasion. I think its because it confuses me? The ham was devine, and i would have been sorted if i was low carb (I'm not obviously) as were the french toast fingers. They were far too more-ish and i think i might have gone up for ahem few more. Breakfast potato was nice but i couldnt finish it.

Abs went for a not so surprisingly plain platter of food, but did enjoy most of it. She doesnt like mickey waffles... croissant was soft and yummy apparently.

Tim had various meats similar to myself and then brought a pastry plate to share. Delish! it was his birthday whilst we were away and our server clocked the birthday pin when we first arrived. He was presented with a birthday card and cake. Then starts the jealous whines from the girls as to why we werent there for their birthdays...

Issy picked a pretty surprising selection for me she is usually a big meat eater, although this was her first taste of a cinnamon bun and absolutely loved it. she did have pancakes too but we dont have a picture. Tim was a we bit mortified when i kept taking pictures, little did he know it was just the beginning.

We loved the character interaction here. The characters spent a good amount of time with our girls and Doc said she loved Issys scrubs (abs was a bit miffed as sofia didnt mention her outfit ) Abs was maybe a bit old and didnt join in with dancing, whereas Issy didnt ever seem to be at the table, but dancing around the place.

Little Is was too wee for rock'n roller so i took her for a wee cake. How wrong i was, the cakes are huge! She doesnt actually do cake either, she eats the icing, licks the cake and kindly offers the cake part up. She chose the one with the most icing and it was lovely. icing was maybe a bit too much for my liking but she enjoyed it. I chose the carrot cake cookie after reading so many rave reviews. It was enormous, enough for both Tim and I to share and the girls to try. I put it on my must buy again and didnt get a chance to. Abs wasnt keen and wanted to wait for something normal.

Edited at 10:20 PM.
Old 19 Jun 16, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loving your report
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 16, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Day 2 continued...

As we had eaten so much we missed lunch and went straight onto Dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, another first for us. We only just managed to convince ourselves not just to have pudding and have an actual meal, and boy was I glad we did. Tim not so much

The bread to start is yummy, but maybe not enough. The girls were luckily put off by the colour of the black bread, so Tim and I shared that between us. I cant describe it fully, but it was a sweet heavy bread, perfect with a slice of butter (why are butter packs so frozen solid? no amount of sitting on it would melt the blighter!) Tim thought it was chocolatey?! The honey bread was devoured by the cherubs, Issy with butter and Abs without.

Tim chose the Smokehouse BBQ burger and was disappointed as he found it greasy. I think he was more gutted that I had convinced him we needed something proper to eat, and not just a slice of cheesecake.

Abigail chose a PLAIN burger. I get bored asking for her meals. Bless her, she does try but she just isnt adventurous. Damn you reflux! She used to eat beans you know. I was delighted that she eventually managed to eat tomato sauce with it. It was like a breakthrough.

I chose the cuban sandwich. This was the most magnificent sandwich i have EVER had. It was so jam packed with flavour it was unreal. The girls noticed the 'cooked cucumber' (pickles) and knew i was going to love it. Tim tried to convince me to go halfers, but i had already taken a bite so he had no chance. I was nice enough to let him try it tho. Im not that evil! Looking back I am going to have to attempt a slimming world friendly version. Hmmmm...

Isobel's first meal of macaroni. She has had it on and off at home, but wasnt that excited by it, but this humongous bowl turned her into a connoisseur of cheesy pasta. To me it was too sloppy and fake tasting, not a bad taste, just not cheesy enough for me. She liked the sauciness of it and said it wasnt too salty.

Abs ordered a fancy drink and promptly took a dislike to it. Thankfully it was free refills on our diet cokes so she took sips from them. It was a special drink that the server made up and we all thought it was pretty disgusting...

Old 20 Jun 16, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So lovely to read your report, I'm looking forward to reading more 😊
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

What was in the cuban sandwich?
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

it has pulled pork, ham, cheese, pickles mustard and mayo. It really was delish x