Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Aug 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Running sportswear best shops please?

Good morning
Looking at trying to buy some new running gear whilst I'm over in Orlando. Not a great Nike fan to be honest but more Brooks, Asics, Ronhill, under armour.
Any sports shops you would recommend. Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

My DS got some running gear including shoes from New Balance on the 192.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisaloo View Post
Good morning
Looking at trying to buy some new running gear whilst I'm over in Orlando. Not a great Nike fan to be honest but more Brooks, Asics, Ronhill, under armour.
Any sports shops you would recommend. Thanks.
I run in ASICS shoes and wear some of what you list above, too.

I really rate the Old Navy range for cost vs quality, some stuff I bought years ago is still going strong, it's very durable, great design and quite cheap too.

For trainers there are ASICS at the outlets but to be honest they are just as cheap over here nowadays (especially with the current exchange rate) if you buy "last season" at somewhere like Sportshoes.com.

Under Armor at the outlets can have some good prices. Don't know about Brooks.
Old 21 Aug 16, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Oh! Target, too. Good range there, good prices (but quality not quite as good as Old Navy, in my experience).
Old 21 Aug 16, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
w3dal
Imagineer

champ sports or finishing line would be worth a look in at florida mall
Old 21 Aug 16, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I run in ASICS shoes and wear some of what you list above, too.

I really rate the Old Navy range for cost vs quality, some stuff I bought years ago is still going strong, it's very durable, great design and quite cheap too.

For trainers there are ASICS at the outlets but to be honest they are just as cheap over here nowadays (especially with the current exchange rate) if you buy "last season" at somewhere like Sportshoes.com.

Under Armor at the outlets can have some good prices. Don't know about Brooks.
So glad you mentioned Old Navy I will take a look. I'm on a Facebook page for runners who are mainly American and they're always mentioning it. Is old Navy an actual shop or a range within other sports shops I've never really known? Thanks
Old 21 Aug 16, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Has anybody actually run on holiday? My son wants me to go out with him early in the morning but I know it will be horrendous even at 7 in the morning. I will give it a go as there is a nice 2 mile lake to run round where we are staying but think I might be on a treadmill after that😳
Old 21 Aug 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

So glad you mentioned Old Navy I will take a look. I'm on a Facebook page for runners who are mainly American and they're always mentioning it. Is old Navy an actual shop or a range within other sports shops I've never really known? Thanks
It's a chain, I think it's owned by Gap. There are lots of stores in the Orlando area. If you sign up on their website you'll get (far too many in my opinion ) emails which will give you an idea of prices / offers etc.

Has anybody actually run on holiday? My son wants me to go out with him early in the morning but I know it will be horrendous even at 7 in the morning. I will give it a go as there is a nice 2 mile lake to run round where we are staying but think I might be on a treadmill after that😳
Yes, many times. What time of year are you going? We've run in Dec, Jan, Feb and April, anything from four miles up to a marathon. April was hotter than I'd have liked. We tended to run at about six am (even earlier when it was a race). I don't think I'd attempt it in the summer months,personally - though people do - it's the humidity that's the killer then!
Old 22 Aug 16, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Attempted a run last August when we were in Fort Myers

Went out at about 6.30am and managed about 4k before deciding if I carried on I might pass out lol

The humidity was too much for me to run in and I was regularly doing 10k's back home
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
crid
Very Serious Dibber

I attempted a run in May, left the villa all prepared but the heat and humidity got to me, I just about managed 5k but my phone didn't and turned itself off from overheating after about 3k!